scarrion

built in webcamera not working

I realize yesterday that my built in webcam is not working... and when I try to run the camera assistant software I recieve an error message that says that the camera is disabled.

what can I do?

I have a NB 100

tech_guy

Re: built in webcamera not working

Hope this helps

Click on the link:  http://kb.toshiba.com/98082243

Follow these steps to re-install the driver for the webcam. You will need to be logged in as an Administrator or have an Administrator password ready.

1.  Click the Windows Start button.

2.  Click Control PanelSystem and Maintenance and then Device Manager.

3.  Right-click on Chicony USB 2.0 Camera and select Update Driver Software. A yellow exclamation point indicates that the camera is recognized by Windows but is not working properly, probably because of problem with the device driver

4.  Select Browse my computer for the driver software.

5.  Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6.  Select USB Video Device from the list, and click Next.

7.  If the message “Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device” appears, click Close.

8.  Restart Windows.

scarrion

thanks.... but I can't find the camera in the device manager either :smileysad:

uhc
uhc

I have a NB205, the built in webcam doesn't work also... same error as you have.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I have a NB 100

Which NB100? And which part number?

For example, you might have the NB100-11R with part number PLL10E-00X00TEN.

-Jerry
scarrion

NB 105-SP2801R

part number

PLL10U-017RL3

THANKS

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

mini notebook NB 105-SP2801R 

when I try to run the camera assistant software I recieve an error message that says that the camera is disabled

Try reinstalling this software.

Camera Utility for Windows XP

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
jherwynne

Reset BIOS.  It may help, but not 100% sure.

Press F2 at POST.  F9 to load defaults and F10 to save changes.

chriolive

where can i see webcam settings on my nb100 because the error message keeps saying ,"the webcam is disabled or has failed, please check the WEBCAM SETTINGS" whenever i want to access my webcam.

ossurb

I get the same error when I try camera assist.

Also get a system tray error associated with the web cam.

Tried reinstalling software several time and that does not work.

The computer does say it is installing the webcam and then the system error comes up.

also - the web camera does not appear on my list of divices under the device manager...

ossurb

Re: built in webcamera not working toshiba sofe ware the camera works with skype...

this is a driver/software problem not hardware... if i don't install the

chava1

built in webcamera not working, i have a nb305.

i aplicate recovery but not work built web camer

carrie26

My built in webcam is also not working. I've tried downloading things and it installs, restarts, and then said it didn't install.

I have a sattelite L305 S5937

Occasional Builder
Bi-Ill

I have had similar problems because of the frequent changes I made to my NEW Toshiba NB305 which I JUST LOVE! However, I started from the beginning by reinstalling my OS with Toshiba's help. This was important because I started FROM THE BEGINNING by reinstalling the OS first! Nevertheless, the point is I installed Toshiba's drivers for the built-in webcam. THEN, I installed my favorite alternate webcam software (SKYPE). So, my recommendation is to make sure your OS software is absent of any virus or malware. THEN reinstall the Toshiba driver which is available from Toshiba or should be in the folder MY TOSHIBA. Test the installation afterwards. If it doesn't work I suggest you contact Toshiba Technical Support. If you have gone beyond the free support period then your only option is to pay for support, I'm afraid. Good luck.

Good luck!
Sincerely,
Bill5960
daytron

I re install my Windows 7, and then I donwnloaded all the drivers. I never got to work the build in camera. What can I do? I worked before re installing W7..

DigitalScribe

I have a NB100. Same problem.

However, before camera dissapearing from the device manager I kept hearing the USB unplug sound from time to time and I've noticed that this was happening when I was touching the lid of the device.

I think the things are too cramed up inside and the case being a bit flexible there's some damage to some wiring over there. Can't tell if it's some shorted data/voltage wires or the circuit is simply interrupted.

For a while the camera kept appearing and touching the lid would make it dissapear. Now it's gone completely.

For those without access to specialized service and with some knowledge in this field, could we have some link or information on how to dissasemble/reassemble the lid to inspect the potential damage on the camera wiring (and perhaps do some repairing if possible)?

Thank you! 

davoodssr4

built in  webcamera not working

I realize yesterday that my built in webcam is not working... and when I try to run the camera assistant software I recieve an error message that says that the camera is disabled.

what can I do   

i have toshiba satellite c855

Peter

Try the suggestions in this article.

How can I fix my webcam?

- Peter
Occasional Builder
Bi-Ill

Hello, Community.

Just an additional caveat. I have a wonderful utility program that has SAVED me in the past. It is very powerful and I didn't realize the harm it could do. However, it can also restore your computer to a working one from one infected with malware. It is the RevoUninstaller Pro available at http://www.revouninstaller.com/. However, as mentioned you need to exercise caution when deleting files. It damaged my Toshiba software and now the My Toshiba installer will not repair the files back to the Toshiba manufactured (shipped) settings. Nevertheless, everything still works so as long as the drivers are intact (check your Device Manager) your webcam should work. I use Skype most of the time anyway so I don't miss their popup software. Even so, if you just want to take pictures you will want Toshiba's software reinstalled properly. Therefore, as previously recommended, if you do not start from a clean re-installation and have working hardware, I suggest having technical service repair your computer.

Sincerely,

Bi-Ill

Good luck!
Sincerely,
Bill5960
Occasional Builder
Bi-Ill

Hi, Chava.

Go to the Control Panel. Uninstall the driver. Make sure your antivirus/antimalware programs are up to date and scan your computer for viruses and malware. When completed, restart your computer. Then return to the Control Panel. The webcam driver (Imaging Devices) should automatically install itself. If not, click the "Scan for hardware changes" icon. The OS should find it then attempt to reinstall it. Otherwise, go to the Toshiba support website and search for the driver download. You should be able to find it by laptop model. I hope this helps and good luck!

Sincerely,

Bi-Ill

Good luck!
Sincerely,
Bill5960