Occasional Contributor
cyberqueen
Accepted Solution

What is Toshiba BookPlace?

Today I received an email message from Toshiba Support Updates informing me that

"The items listed below have been added or updated on the Toshiba Support Website in the past week for the models to which you subscribe:

Downloads:

Toshiba BookPlace
Model: mini notebook NB305-N410BL."

There was absolutely NO information about what this was or why I might want it.  I clicked on the link, but it too offered no information about what this was or how I might use it.  I went to the Toshiba Support website and did a search, but I learned nothing.  Does anyone know anything about this? 

brooksd2

Re: What is Toshiba BookPlace?

Did a google search after it had problems installing after download, thats when I discovered it is a selling tool for toshiba books, a new place.  Like I really need this:smileymad:

Occasional Contributor
cyberqueen

Thanks very much, brooksd2.  You've just saved me from trying to download and install it.   No wonder Toshiba didn't supply any information about it--no one would download it!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

mini notebook NB305-N410BL

My guess is that it helps you buy e-books from here. (Everybody wants a piece of this new pie.)

The Toshiba Book Place – your 24/7 store for thousands of e-books

Please  let us know.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
cyberqueen

Thanks for the links, Jerry, but there's no way I can let you know anything more about this.  As I indicated in my response to brooksd2, I have NO interest in a way to buy ebooks and certainly will not be downloading this to my netbook.

Tyi5

This is another ereader like Kindle or nook.

LLGG

Whatever you do don't use Toshiba Book Place.  It's just another e-reader; however, there is an additional twist in that they FRAUDULENTLY overcharge for their books.  They tack another $4 or $5 onto each book purchase above the list price.  Do NOT ever use them.