lasyayasjoe

Internal Hard Drive for Toshiba NB505-N508TQ

My hard drive just died. I need to buy a new one. I need help finding one. I searched amazon for a hard drive but I don't know which one to choose. I know it has to be a 250GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive. Can anyone help? Another thing, can I upgrade my hardrive to 320gb? 

Peter

Re: Internal Hard Drive for Toshiba NB505-N508TQ

You want to look for a SATA 9.5mm height hard drive. A 320 GB hard drive should be just fine.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
gat0gelat0

[ Edited ]

You might want to install a faster (7200 RPM) drive -- i think the default drive is 5400 RPM. Will help decrease boot time and startup time of applications. But it will be a bit more expensive. There's of course even more sophisticated ones like the Seagate Momentus XT that combines 7200 RPM HDD with a 4 or 8GB solid state memory (the result is a hybrid between HDD and SSD) or you can even take this opportunity to go totally SSD. Costs go up quite significantly, of course, but it's an opportunity to upgrade. 

CHeers!

lasyayasjoe

I just bought the hard drive, now my problem is I don't have an operating system. How can I reinstall Windows 7 Starter if my netbook does not come with a CD? Can anyone help?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

mini notebook NB505-N508TQ

You should be able to obtain the recovery media on a flash drive from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry