2disbetter

bottom screen touch disfunctional after resume from standby/hibernation

Anyone figured out how to circumvent or even better fix this issue. It's very annoying to need to use the computer quickly and have to restart or put it through a sleep cycle to get the bottom screen's touch input working again. Thanks for any and all feedback! 

2d

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

Re: bottom screen touch disfunctional after resume from standby/hibernation

Have you modified the video drivers? Any non-Toshiba Video drivers prior to the latest Intel caused issues. The latest Intel Video Drivers work well but you will need to force their install by extracting and manually updated the drivers.

Also have you upgraded to the latest BIOS (v. 1.30). I do not use Hiberbnate, I use Hybrid Sleep. But early on I did see this behavior occassionally and was usually fixed by pressing the Home Button to expand the screen and then pressing again to re-activate the Bullitin Board App.

HTH,

Jeff

2disbetter

Thanks for your feedback, it appears we meet again. :smileywink: 

I am using the latest Bios (1.30), and I'm using the latest intel drivers which where updated via device manager and the update driver mechanism. 

I'm noticing this behavior (touch screen not working) more so when using hybrid sleep. Sometimes it will amend itself after activating the toshiba bulletin via the home button. Sometimes not. 

It should be noted as well, that while some where reporting window index score improvements mine stayed the same. 

2d

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

You can try this in case your hyberfil.sys file is corrupted

1. Open up an elevated command prompt.

2. Type this command: powercfg -h off

3. Restore Hibernation: powercfg -h on

javawantabe

I have the exact same issue.  Nothing seems to resolve it.  Happens after any type of resume from being suspended.  Tried reseting the hardware, clearing the hibernate file, changing settings, restoring..... same issue.  

Only the top screen touch function is available.  Any touching of the lower opperates the top pointer in mirror.

Toshiba, please help.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

javawantabe,

These forums are a peer support community. For official support from Toshiba please call 800-457-7777.

Jim