ocsurfer

Nuance XT9 predictive text technology (Spell correction and Auto Completion)

[ Edited ]

I saw this on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRV6MouLtTI

The video says "that with features such as spell correction and auto completion, XT9 will help you enter text much faster and more accurately on the Libretto... XT9 can be used in any application where text in entered on the device, so it makes no difference if you're using a browser, creating an email, or creating a document."

I purchased the Libretto W105 (US model) which came without Nuance XT9.  I love my Libretto but it would be so much better with this feature. It would be great if Toshiba would allow registered Libretto W105 owners to download the same Nuance XT9 feature as the European model W100. Does anyone have anymore information on this? Thanks in advance.

Description from Youtube:

Nuance XT9 predictive text technology is an integrated feature in the European model of the new Toshiba Libretto W100 mini-notebook computer. With XT9, you can quickly and easily input text on the W100 mini-notebook using a hard or soft QWERTY keyboard. Additional XT9 features include spell correction; seamless switching between input modes across numbers, letters and symbols; regional error correction through Nuance’s patented “SloppyType” technology; and, auto-accenting for any of the many supported languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, and Slovak