Regular Advisor
jnjroach
Accepted Solution

No Docking Options for Libretto W105

So I found an interesting limitation of our Libretto W100, I own a couple of Toshiba DynaDocks (USB Docking Stations that have the DisplayLink USB Video Cards). I have a first and second Gen version, I went ahead and attempted to use it with my W105 today and I was able to get the DynaDock installed but it would only allow the 3rd monitor to function if the W105 was in Portrait Mode, if I tried landscape it would disable the 3rd monitor. So I thought I should go ahead in look at the DynaDock support site and low and behold...it explicitly says that the Libretto W105 is not supported...

No docking options for us Libretto W100 users...oh well
brooknice

Re: No Docking Options for Libretto W105

Hey I  have a question which dock model did you use and did it work with just one montor. I was think about getting a docking station for the libretto. Did you run video with the docking station and if so How did it work and did you play try any kind of video games. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to solve the docking station problem.

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

I have both the first and second generation of the DynaDock U, I have used them with multiple laptops and tablets and it works fine for a USB video card. I know some have used them for video and gaming, but I use them for productivity. Like I said, the video doesn't work properly on the Libretto W105 and is listed as not supported.

Sorry,

Jeff

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

It is weird...I tried the Toshiba Dynadock U at work and it didn't really work too well, but I just tried it on the same model at home and it worked. The only difference this time I only had the top screen active on the Libretto, using the bottom as the bulliton board and it installed fine...I guess I should eat my words above....

So the DynaDock U works, which should mean the DynaDock V should work as well...

Very Cool,

Jeff

2disbetter

This sounds like another limitation of the graphics driver and app. Toshiba, if listening, would you kindly work on allowing the screen setup to be more customizable without messing up other built in functions? THanks, love the W105! 2d
Regular Advisor
jnjroach

I'm not worried about this, it is still a laptop video card...and I have never owned a laptop that can drive more than 2 monitors with the onboard card. The USB docking station has its own video card allowing you to drive the 3rd monitor. I know from past tablets that driving portrait mode is more demanding than lanscape which may explain my first experience.

Jeff