Konpon96
Accepted Solution

Libretto's SSD Drive

Is there a posibility to replace Libretto's 62 SSD drive with another SSD, with bigger capacity?

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

Re: Libretto's SSD Drive

Its a MSATA drive so it should be possible, Toshiba has a 128GB Version in the same family as in the Libretto, model numer THNSNB0128GMCJ. I'm using a 32GB Micro-SD card for more storage personally... 

gerdich

I thought that the ssd was soldered ...

Am I wrong?

(I don't know how to open the w100 to exchange the ssd.)

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

This thread over at Pocketables shows how to open the case on the Libretto:

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?t=7378

On the pictures that show where to place the speaker, the rectangle right above the speaker looks to be the SSD. I could be wrong as I have not cracked the case of the Libretto, I used a 32GB MicroSD for more storage.

gerdich

Thank you very much.

I also use micro-sd cards.

But some files  need to be installed on the main "hdd".

Thank you also for the good pictures on how to open the w100.

But I can't recognize the ssd.

Can you confirm that it isn't soldered on the picture?

Regular Advisor
jnjroach

Sorry - I haven't cracked open the case of the Libretto. The Pocketables Member did to add stereo speakers. If you look at the  picture with the Speaker, there is an orange rectangle that appears to be the SSD with the SATA connector...

vip451

tha it is interesting but how you do that ? with a PCMCIA card ? where can I find the interface to use 

the 32GB card.

Can you boot fromthat card ?

I would love to speed up the boot that is for me the most important thing because the WIndows XP takes so long to load

and for that I was thinking to use a SSD of 128 GB in order to boot with the SSD and have a virtual disk in the same unit

but that is just an idea that it is running in my mind, but techinically I don`t know how to do that.

If there is a possibility to remove the hard disk and insert a sata interface somewhere then it is possible to use a SSD

there must be someone who already make the experiment