alwrighty

windows won't come up and startup repair can't fix

None of the System recovery options work. I still can't get windows vista to come on. I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5825. When it comes on it goes directly to startup repair to fix, scans then says it can't repair it automatically.  I tried system restore , diagnostic tool, and recovery wizard. Nothing seems to work.  I even took it to a shop and they couldn't figure it out either. Help! Do I need a new computer? ( other than a Toshiba)  The errors read:

Problem signature 01:  StartupRepairV2

Problem Signature 02:  AutoFailover

Problem Signature 03:  6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000

Problem Signature 04:  2883632

Problem Signature 05:  CorruptFile

Problem Signature 06:  CorruptFile

Problem Signature 07:  3221225624

Problem Signature 08:  3

Problem Signature 09:  WrpRepair

Problem Signature 10:  2

OS Version:                  6.0.6000.2.0.256.1

Locale ID:                     1033

Do I need to do a prompt command?  If so, what would the command be?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: windows won't come up and startup repair can't fix

Satellite A215-S5825 

I tried system restore , diagnostic tool, and recovery wizard.

Do I need to do a prompt command?        

To find out if Windows is available, enter this at the command prompt.

bootrec /scanos

-Jerry
DanPHil72

Re: windows won't come up and startup repair can't fix

In order to fix Windows Vista Startup problem, follow these steps:

1. Try restarting the computer, and press F8 (the function 8 key) after the BIOS boot screen (Manufacturer splash screen) 2. This should give you the list of(Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode, ETC.) Find the option called  “Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure”.

3. Select this option, and continue booting. This will allow you to see the bluescreen for more than a "microsecond."

4. Now insert your Vista DVD in the computer's drive and boot from it (if your computer doesn't boot from it automatically, you'll have to access thefor your laptop and select the CD/DVD drive option.

5. Once you boot from the DVD and the windows - like screen comes up, click continue, then Repair My Computer. (Bottom left of the second window.) You should be able to run startup repair from here, and it should recover your operating system to the default state.

You must need to carefully follow the above steps as any wrong step may cause the serious problem with your computer system. As you must need to be little advanced to be work in Windows BIOS, you can download Windows Vista repair Tool which will help you to fix your problem with Windows Vista. You can read the instruction to use this tool on this page: http://www.windowsvistastartup.com/

Just follow the steps provided there to fix your problems with Windows Vista.