seven

upgrade from xp to vista

i have a toshiba satellite lap top computer that had windows xp on it. then i decided to do an upgrade with windows vista home premium and now my computer runs very, very, very slow. a sticker on the computer says designed for windows xp, but it also says windows vista capable. was this not a true statement for my computer? my computer is a PSAA5U-01300Q model. how can i fix this problem? I am so tired of waiting for my computer to start up and get to my windows page and also to get online. i need help asap because i do not know what to do with this stupid laptop
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: upgrade from xp to vista

Satellite A105-S2101

Did you carefully follow the instructions in this Toshiba document?

Satellite_A100_Tecra_A7 Upgrade to Vista

If not, I suggest you put XP back and begin again.

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor

Re: upgrade from xp to vista

seven wrote:
i have a toshiba satellite lap top computer that had windows xp on it. then i decided to do an upgrade with windows vista home premium and now my computer runs very, very, very slow. a sticker on the computer says designed for windows xp, but it also says windows vista capable. was this not a true statement for my computer? my computer is a PSAA5U-01300Q model. how can i fix this problem? I am so tired of waiting for my computer to start up and get to my windows page and also to get online. i need help asap because i do not know what to do with this stupid laptop

Assuming that you want to keep Vista on your notebook, and that you have not upgraded memory from the stock 512 MB, the first thing you should do is install the maximum amount of memory, which is 2 GB, using the recommended Kingston KTT533D2/1G modules.

If the notebook is still slow after the memory upgrade, you may want to experiment by turning off the Aero interface.

You can also 'tune' Vista by selectively disabling services according to the recommendations found at http://www.blackviper.com/