Domnic

Toshiba sat A205-s6808 hangs when using AC power adopter

[ Edited ]

Toshiba satellite A205-s6808. In the past few month, it has been freezing almost every time I use it with power adopter pluged-in. It freezes to the point where the mouse won't move, Caps lock key won't light up etc. ctrl+alt+Del not working, I have to hold in power button to reset it.

Please help me

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba satellite A205-s6808 hangs

Satellite A205-S6808

Let's make two experiments. Does it hang when you..

1. Boot into Safe Mode? 

Start your computer in safe mode

2. Boot into another user account? If necessary, create one.

Create a user account

-Jerry
Domnic

[ Edited ]

Thanks Jerry,

Yes it Hangs in safe mode and in New account also.

But when i use it without power adopter plugged-in to AC it works fine, no problem at all.

Dominic

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Sounds like a hardware glitch to me, Dominic. The way to tell for sure is to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry
Domnic

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion, jerry
formated and reinstalled fresh OS, cleaned cpu fan, applied thermal paste for heat.

Tried various combination...with battery, without battery, only battery, only AC, external monitor with just battery, external monitor with just AC, external monitor with both, unplugging AC and battery in various combination. Same thing, no improvement.
What can it be????????
This has been a progressive failure.
No messages or log file for the problem

Dominic

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

formated and reinstalled fresh OS

If the problem persists just after restoring the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media, Dominic, then you've got a hardware malfunction.

Locate a Toshiba Service Center

-Jerry
Edvin

Hello Domnic. Have you found the problem? I have the same problem with my Satellite A300-1A3.

Edvin

joan32

Re: Toshiba sat A205-s6808 hangs when using AC power adopter

satellite a205-s6808 freezes when i plug my ac adapter (installed with slackware linux) ... what will i do ... it wont boot also when ac was plug-in ... laptop is working when on battery mode ... but for ac adapter it freezes helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp :smileysad:(