abuyny

Satellite A105 Won't Boot

Hi all...tried to restart after the latest Windows update and my laptop won't boot past the page that says "Toshiba." The bar at the bottom says press F2 or F12 for boot menus (I think, can't remember exactly what it says), but it's frozen and nothing happens no matter what you press at that point. The status bar stops around 2/3 of the way and it's totally frozen. I was able to get the BIOS to come up by pressing ESC before the "Toshiba" screen appears, the BIOS menu says to press F2 for the boot menu but again it's frozen at that point and I can't get any other menus to come up.

All I've tried is removing the power cord, haven't done anything else. I saw on another post that I should try removing the battery and cord and holding down the power button for 30 seconds to disperse internal voltage. I'll try that, but does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

aclint

Re: Satellite A105 Won't Boot

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem with my L305d-s5934 laptop. I think the BIOS needs to be reset. I have tries hitting every function key upon restart, and I get nothing. If i let it load up, it prompts me to load windows in safe mode, but then I get the blue screen of death flash, and it restarts over an over again. F2 and F12 don't work, they just cause the system to freeze. Any advice? The BIOS is an Insyde H20 BIOS. I was running XP Pro, but the computer was originally loaded with Vista.

thommas

Re: Satellite L305D-S5934 Won't Boot

aclint, I'm having the same problem with the same Sattelite l305d-s5934.

It freezes on the BIOS screen even if I press F2 or F12 (or any other F...) I want to downgrade it to WinXP but it won't alllow me do anything... Did you have any success trying to reset yours? If yes, I would appreciate to know all the steps. Thank you...

evan

Re: Satellite L305D-S5934 Won't Boot

i am having the same problem with my Satellite M305 S4907. .

can somebody please help us?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L305D-S5934 

aclint wrote:

If i let it load up, it prompts me to load windows in safe mode, but then I get the blue screen of death flash, and it restarts over an over again.

Turn the computer on and immediately press and hold the F8 key.

Can you reach the Advanced Boot Options menu?

-Jerry
giz5220

Jerry, What if that does not work?  All I am getting now is a black screen.  I did the retore to a earlier time, and I thought it was fixed, then all of a sudden it felt hot, and then this.  trys to restart, says hit F2 or F12, and then a black screen.  Please help.

Giz

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I don't know anything about your situation, Giz.

Locate a Service Center

-Jerry
Katherine

I am having the same problem with my Satelite, if I can get to the Advanced Options what do I need to do?

chatwithmichael

NO MORE F2 OR F12 MESSAGE DISPLAY

My system description is Toshiba Satellite A205/ s5803: In my attempt to reload the corrupted operating system with a generic window Xp cd, but my Cd drive did not  work, so naively and ignorantly I remove the hard disk and put it in another Hp laptop to reload the operating system, while i try the harddisk from the Hp on my Toshiba.

The Formating fails on the Hp too. But after returning my Harddisk back into my Toshiba laptop, save for the toshiba logo that comes up, the "press F2 and F12" message is no more displaying and when i attempt to press any of the two button; it  will result into a sound and the laptop will temporarily freeze, but after i might av release it it will only bring up the message: BOOTMGR is missing.

Could it be the hard disk or the Bios.... PLs i need ur urgent response!

chatwithmichael

Re: NO MORE F2 OR F12 MESSAGE DISPLAY

Pls I need a response! Any help Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssse?????????

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A205-S5803

Best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. If you no longer have the recovery discs that came with the machine, you can order them.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
chatwithmichael

I don't have the financial capacity to get the recovery media now, is there any means i can use!

Attached to this is d message i keep getting, when i removed d hard disk.

Is changing d harddisk a good option or flashing d bios. Or ultimately ordering the recovery media!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Attached to this is d message i keep getting, when i removed d hard disk.

Without the hard disk, I wouldn't be surprised at any message.

-Jerry
chatwithmichael

Jerry may i say i really appreciate your previous contribution, but what's your final sugggestion? Because I use another hard disk on the laptop but the response is still the same.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I think we may have a language problem. There is no way I can tell from way over here whether your hardware is okay.

You get the PXE message when the BIOS tries to boot from a network. That means either something is wrong with the hardware (or BIOS) or it may be that the boot priority order is wrong in the BIOS. There must be a hard drive installed, of course.

You cannot expect to boot Windows on your machine from a hard drive taken from an HP machine. The installation is different.

I'm afraid I cannot help more.

-Jerry
chatwithmichael

Am afraid it's the Bios, becuase I can't even reach the Bios page to change the Boot priority. Whenever I press the F2 when the system start up, holding down the F2 or F12 key to change the boot priority will only result in a long sound, and after I might have release the key it will bring the " Missing Bootmgr" Press ALt Ctr Del to restart.

I just want to be sure if its the Bios or to get a new Hard disk, since I can't get Recovery media.

Pls bear with me!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

when the system start up, holding down the F2 or F12 key to change the boot priority will only result in a long sound

That's certainly at least a faulty BIOS. Very likely, it's faulty hardware.

-Jerry
chatwithmichael

That's certainly at least a faulty BIOS. Very likely, it's faulty hardware.

So how can I solve the faulty bios issue? Pls.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You can try reflashing the BIOS. But I think you're facing a hardware problem.

ACPI Flash BIOS version 2.50 for Satellite A200/A205 (PSAF3U/PSAF4U/PSAF6U)

-Jerry