vocter

Product Key error in validating Micrsoft Office License and other Programs

Hi everyone,

i have purchased a new toshiba Satellite T115D-S1125 coz' i need one in my schooling. but i think sooner, i wont be able to use it anymore because of this problem: i am to validate microsoft license(because it was asked to everytime i open a program). it only has 25 "free uses" before the system requires me to put the correct product key before i can use the microsoft programs again. i am putting only the exact product key behind my laptop and it's always incorrect. i dont know what to do anymore. do i have to reformat my laptop and reinstall all the drivers again? i dont think i know how to, honestly. please help me, and tell me the easiest way to fix this problem. and oh, one more thing, my classmate bought the same laptop and she's also having the same problem. maybe there's something we havent done?thanks a lot.

shinryukaijin

Re: Product Key error in validating Micrsoft Office License and other Programs

Hi there,

It seems that the one you're using is for the OS product key. 

You need to go to Start - All Programs - Microsoft Office - MS Office 60 day trial online and click on Try Office 2007.

FYI: MS Office that came with the laptop is just a 60-day trial version.

Check: detailed specs.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Please don't post the same problem multiple times. See my reply.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

[ Edited ]

It sounds like you are trying to use the Windows product key in microsoft office, the key on the bottom of your laptop is for windows.

Are you sure that your laptop comes with a license key for Microsoft office??  Many laptops come with the trial version of Office installed, but it is up to the user to purchase and activate it.

Edit: I just looked up the info for yours and it came with Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial),

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite T115D-S1125

According to the specs above, that model comes with the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Edition 60-day trial.

Regarding activation, see this Toshiba article.

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 60 day trial Activation

-Jerry
magic

Re: Product Key error in validating Microsoft Office License and other Programs

Microsoft support on this issue has been almost non-existent!!!  Hate to re-hash this problem, as the answer may be hiding somewhere in the forums.  However:

My laptop Satellite P205 came with Office 2007 Home and Student trial version installed.  I bought the license for it online and used it quite successfully.  I wrote down the license number for future reference.

My computer crashed, and I restored it from the recovery disc that came with the computer.  The Home and Student trial version was reinstalled.  I tried to use the licensed product key but it was not accepted from the initial screen (I have already used it 25 times attempting to get the product key accepted) or from one of the application's "options."

I uninstalled the trial edition and reinstalled it with the same results.  I cannot obtain a trial license key as Microsoft (bless their pea-pickin' hearts) has removed access to that page.  So, this leaves me with an upgrade but no product and, as I said, no assistance from Microsoft. 

There is one strange thing about the trial product:  I have Microsoft Access in the package; I was not aware that Access 2007 was included in the Home and Student version.  So is that creating a problem (I tried only once to activate from that application).

I am an advanced user and have worked in the business but have not kept current.  I have used regedit numerous times.  Is there a way I can edit the registry to accept the license?

Many, many thanks for reading; hopefully you can help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

In the US? If so, you might begin by calling Microsoft at this number. They will probably refer you to a another one.

888-352-7140

-Jerry
magic

No thanks to Microsoft, I resolved my problem by copying the trial version that was on my husband's computer and installing it on mine.

It is very annoying to go around in circles like one must to get anything out of Microsoft.....I paid them for the license, they should provide the suppport.

For others who may be having a problem getting a trial version of 2007, I have the download site now.  HA HA

Thanks for your response, Jerry.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy to hear you solved it!

For others who may be having a problem getting a trial version of 2007, I have the download site now. 

Why not post it here?

All I see on the Microsoft site now is Office Home and Student 2010.

-Jerry
hawkto

DONDE SE ENCUENTRA LA CLAVE PARA VALIDAR INSTALACION DE MICROSOFT OFFICE? ..

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

WHERE IS THE KEY TO VALIDATING INSTALLATION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE? ..

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 60 day trial Activation

-Jerry