Occasional Contributor
pennst8
Accepted Solution

L305D-S5893 XP Drivers

Does anyone know where to get XP drivers for network, wireless network, sound etc for the L305D-S5893 laptop?  Toshiba does not support XP for this model and it is quite frustrating to not have these services with XP.  If not, does anyone know the name of the motherboard (as these devices are integrated into the mother board)?

Thank you in advance. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: L305D-S5893 XP Drivers

Unless you're prepared to spend many hours searching - and then probably not locate them all - you're better off restoring Windows Vista to that machine.

If you persevere in spite of that, see the thread Windows XP Drivers for Satellite L305D-S5890.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
pennst8

Thank you Jerry, that has helped a lot.  I spent several day on getting all the necessary drivers, but I was able to get all but the modem, which I don't need.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy to hear that.

We get lots of inquiries like yours.

Would you mind sharing the sources of the XP drivers (and machine-specific utilities) you were able to locate for that Satellite L305D-S5893?

Others will apprciate it. Thanks!

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
pennst8

I was able to get the wireless driver from following the link Jerry provided in the second post listed here.  Here are some others that I found:

AMD M690G Chipset.zip 
Integrated ATI x1250 Video.zip 

Realtek High Definition Audio.zip  

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Thanks for giving us those links. Others will find them helpful.
-Jerry