DD3D

Forgotten Password! HELP ME!

I recently got a new powercord for my laptop after months of procrastination.

However, due to the time lapse in usage, I have forgotten my password.

I can't get pass the Windows Vista sign-on screen. I never setup up a seperate user account, because I am the only user. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!??? I am lost without my baby. Haven't I suffered enough.

FYI... I tried the whole safe mode, administrator thing and never found the administrator page. I'm not exactly tech savvy so please be nice. :mansad:

Thanks,

DD3D

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Forgotten Password! HELP ME!

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

DD3D

Wow! Who knew there would be etiquette training on a message board.

The laptop is apart of the satellite series A205-S5814. Is there any other information needed?

I really want to be able to use my laptop.

Thanks!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Just do what that site I linked to tells you to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

maggiena

The first thing you should do is check whether you really forget login password or not. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget Your user account password then try this: Start system and when you See Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys Twice and it’ll show Classic Login box. Now type “Administrator” (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Press Enter and you will be able to log in Windows. Or you can get into the Safe Mode to reset your account password from “Control Panel -> User Accounts”. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen. Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten Password by using “Recover Disk”. If you created a Password Recovery Disk in Past, you can use that disk to reset the password. To know more about It, please visit http://www.windowspasswordrecovery.net/