dtadjadca

Desktop icons

Could someone please tell me how to make my desktop icons smaller.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Desktop icons

Right click anywhere on your desktop (not on any icon, of course) then click properties. Click on the Appearance Tab then click Advanced. Now you will see that there is a drop-down option that says Item. Now, select Icon to change its size. You can also try other Items to change its appearaance.

This works in Vista and XP, but you didn't bother telling us what OS you are using so I don't know if either of those are what you are running.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

surfinsnowbird

I have a new Satellite L445D-S5976 and after I am logged on and have done some searches I am unable to then go to an icon and click on it to open it. I have to type what I want in the search box at the bottom of the menu? What is the point of having icons if you can't open them? The only time they are available is when I first boot.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

surfinsnowbird wrote:

I have a new Satellite L445D-S5976 and after I am logged on and have done some searches I am unable to then go to an icon and click on it to open it. I have to type what I want in the search box at the bottom of the menu? What is the point of having icons if you can't open them? The only time they are available is when I first boot.

No such model.  Maybe the L455D-S5976? 

And what the heck does this have to do with Windowx XP or Vista?  That model has Windows 7 so you need to post this in the Windows 7 forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.