fgelosh89

Damaged Windows product key sticker

Unfortunately the harddrive in my Satellite A300-1ND has broken down so I bought and installed new harddrive. I tried to install Windows Vista Home Premium (same system as the pre-installed one) but I can't decipher the product key from the laptop botttom side's sticker. Can anyone help me? Or is there any possibility to get new product key from Toshiba?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Damaged Windows product key sticker

Satellite A300-1ND (PSAGCE-04700CG3)

Best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. All of the drivers and utilities will have been installed. Windows is pre-activated; so no product key is required.

See the section Restoring pre-installed software from your created Recovery Discs on p. 3-10 of the User's Manual (attached).

If you failed to burn the discs, order them from Toshiba.

Toshiba Europe Backup Media Online Shop

-Jerry
ruffaeel

I have the same problem, after formatting HDD and re-installing windows from a version i downloaded online i found out that my product key label is worn off.. how can i get another one?

madgeek81

Stumbled across this while looking for information on a torn sticker I have.  Have not had any luck with either the vendor or Microsoft themselves.  Microsoft just told me to go to the vendor to get it.

Granted, over the years, I have got fairly good at reading these stickers.

XKD82-MTX28 looks like the best bet.  The final 8 may be a 3.