xaris

A135 S4527 built in Card Reader not working Windows 7

Hi, I recently installed Windows 7 and now my built in card reader isn't working. It's like the computer doesn't even know it's there. Also when I plug my phone in (LG Dare) it does not recognize it at all either. When I first plugged it in it tried to install the driver but failed. My camera though, when I plugged that in, it installed the driver and connected just fine. When I put the card in the card reader, it makes a noise, but that's it. No other response.

I have tried going and updating all the drivers, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: A135 S4527 built in Card Reader not working Windows 7

Windows 7 is still a PRE-RELEASE Operating System until the October 22nd OFFICIAL RELEEASE DATE and as such not all drivers are available for it and some still have some problems.  You'll more than likely need to wait until the OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE of October 22nd for Toshiba to have the necessary drivers that will provide full functionality under Windows 7. 

You can always try the Vista Drivers but there is no guarantee that they will work any better than the Windows 7 drivers at this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
lmacmil

xaris wrote:

Hi, I recently installed Windows 7 and now my built in card reader isn't working.

I have tried going and updating all the drivers, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have the same laptop and the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor reported that the card reader was not compatible. It said get the latest driver from the manufacturer (Texas Inst) website but I'm pretty sure I have the latest driver (2.0.0.10 dated May 2009).

Did you download all the Windows 7 drivers that Toshiba just posted on 9/3?  Did you install the release candidate (RC) or the RTM (release to manufacturing) version of Windows 7?

xaris

I installed the Windows 7 Professional Version available on the Microsoft Data Alliance (or whatever it's called) website and it's the official version. I have access to it because of a class I'm taking.

I installed all the driver updates it has on the website to date. Maybe I will just have to wait until the official release date.

xaris

Thanks, I'll try that.