computerman_42

no bootable device--please restart system

I have a Satellite C855D-S5357 win 8 and when i try to start it up it show the message "checking media(fail) no bootable device- please restart system.

Can you help me please

Peter

Re: no bootable device--please restart system

Try the Troubleshooting Assistant or the suggestions in this article:

What can I do if my Windows 8 laptop won't start?

- Peter
zionpark93

[ Edited ]

Peter, your answer is irrelevant to the question

Peter

That's incorrect. That message is one for which the tool and article were created. The laptop can't boot.

- Peter
ToyGangster

How can you access these things through a smart phone. As a customer I have paid over $1200 dollars for my computer, so it being out of action for even a minute, has me disgusted and outraged. Please email me at hickonastick@gmail.com
If you can't solve this problem, then direct me to someone who can.
Peter

The article can be accessed simply by clicking the link. The Troubleshooting Assistant will require Flash support. You could also call customer support.

- Peter
srf461

My C75D-A7370 has the same problem.  I followed the steps in the troubleshooting assistant and attempted to re-boot from the CD drive with a Windows 8 bootable disk inserted.  However, after doing so I get the message "checking media [fail]"  This message appears three times at which point the "no bootable device - please restart system " message appears.

The exact same message sequence appears whether I am attempting to boot from the hard drive or from the CD/DVD drive.

I have not tried booting from a USB drive.

CheriBrink

That's exactly what happened to mine. i let it run doing updates one night while I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I got "checking media" "media fail.... no bootable device please restart your system. This whole experience has been a nightmare. I went through FOUR Toshiba laptops to get ONE that works (half assed) and one that is giving me this issue. I have done everything in every Toshiba forum to try to fix it.  It will not be fixed. This one is a C55t-A i3 with 6gb ram and I have been afraid to download anything on it because I keep getting bogged down and error messages. Ity's already been reset by Toshiba support and refreshed over the phone. BOTH OF THEM. 

The one I am on is slower than crap, has been giving me high CPU usage errors since I took it out of the box, It gives me black screens, and freezes up and I know any day it's going to die and neither of them are 6 months old yet.

I used to be a die hard Toshiba fan, I owned 6 of them not including these. They were great!  I recommended them to everyone. Now I am afraid to. If you can help me fix these I would be happy! Thank you. 

Peter

Those two resources in my first response will apply to your laptop as well, CheriBrink - the Troubleshooting Assistant and the article;

- Peter
irenge

I have got a Toshiba Satellite Click W35Dt-A3300 which gives me this problem

No bootable device -- Please restart system

Any one know how to get in into the Uefi firm ware coz my win 8 just can t load , this message keep appearing.

Any help please !

Occasional Advisor
Anunimouse

[ Edited ]

TO irenge

If you are getting this kind of message "No bootable device" it means we are getting a problem to the internal Hard Drive of the laptop. Please contact the manufacturer for warranty service.

Btw I posted the steps on how to access UEFI on this page. Please click the link http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-8-1/how-to-access-the-UEFI-firmware/td-p/588542

Note: If it answer your question please dont forget to click KUDOS thanks.

irenge

so if i change the hard drive , every thing will work just fine .
Regular Advisor
michaeldiaz86

so if i change the hard drive , every thing will work just fine .

Thats right! As long as you have a recovery media and have it installed on the new hard drive then everything will be fine.

HERE is the link if you dont have your own recovery media.

*********Click on Kudos if it helped you. Thanks! ***********