computerman_42

no bootable device--please restart system

I have a Satellite C855D-S5357 win 8 and when i try to start it up it show the message "checking media(fail) no bootable device- please restart system.

Can you help me please

Peter

Re: no bootable device--please restart system

Try the Troubleshooting Assistant or the suggestions in this article:

What can I do if my Windows 8 laptop won't start?

- Peter
zionpark93

[ Edited ]

Peter, your answer is irrelevant to the question

Peter

That's incorrect. That message is one for which the tool and article were created. The laptop can't boot.

- Peter
ToyGangster

How can you access these things through a smart phone. As a customer I have paid over $1200 dollars for my computer, so it being out of action for even a minute, has me disgusted and outraged. Please email me at hickonastick@gmail.com
If you can't solve this problem, then direct me to someone who can.
Peter

The article can be accessed simply by clicking the link. The Troubleshooting Assistant will require Flash support. You could also call customer support.

- Peter
srf461

My C75D-A7370 has the same problem.  I followed the steps in the troubleshooting assistant and attempted to re-boot from the CD drive with a Windows 8 bootable disk inserted.  However, after doing so I get the message "checking media [fail]"  This message appears three times at which point the "no bootable device - please restart system " message appears.

The exact same message sequence appears whether I am attempting to boot from the hard drive or from the CD/DVD drive.

I have not tried booting from a USB drive.