Occasional Advisor
DonD

Wndows 8 - Conexant SmartAudioHD - Driver 8.54.44.0

Is anyone else having trouble with this driver?  I was informed that I would lose some features when I upgraded but figure it would just be until a new driver come out.  My volume is off about 20%.  I have no audio enhancements in WMP.  No SmartAudio control panel.  It will occasionally drop my Logitech Z305 external speaker.  This looks like an interim driver of some sort.  Any word on when or if we'll get a decent driver for this device?  Conexant doesn't handle inquiries from end-users and refers all questions to the manufacturer.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Wndows 8 - Conexant SmartAudioHD - Driver 8.54.44.0

You are not alone, Don.

Which computer do you have?

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
DonD

Thanks, Jerry...

This installation is on a Satellite L755 pt# PSK1WU.  This isn't a huge deal, I guess... but everything else went so smoothly with the upgrade, that the one thing that didn't annoys me all the more. :smileyhappy:  Microsoft refers me to Conexant and Conexant refers me to Toshiba.  If you know of anybody I can pester about it, I'd appreciate it. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Which Satellite L755? The model looks something like Satellite L755-S5168 and complete part number like PSK1WU-0YN048.

I wanted to look up the specific machine.

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
DonD

Sorry...   S5353  Thanks!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite L755-S5353 (PSK1WU-0GL048)

If you haven't yet, can't hurt to reinstall that driver.

Conexant Audio Driver

There's a newer one here, but your part-number family is not listed.

Conexant Audio Driver

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
DonD

Thanks Jerry.  No luck... but all's well that ends well.  I uninstalled 8.54.44.0 before attempting to install the other.  When I put it back in, I had my volume back up to normal... and the equalizer and enhancements in WMP are now working.  It still crashes when I plug in the Logitech... but now only if the media is already playing.  I can live with that til the new driver comes out.  Going by the dates on the drivers you showed me, they're working on them.  

Thanks again.... appreciate the help! 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I uninstalled 8.54.44.0 before attempting to install the other.  When I put it back in, I had my volume back up to normal... and the equalizer and enhancements in WMP are now working.

Sometimes it takes just a kick in the pants..

-Jerry
bairo

[ Edited ]

I'm having a worse problem with that driver. NO sound what so ever. I tried compatibility mode, previous versions of the driver, everything I can think of. No sound at all..soeakers or headphone jack either one. I'm recieving the transmission just can not get it to come out of the computer, lol 

I waited until now to upgrade because I figured it was plenty of time to get the drivers straight, I guess not. First a hard drive failure at 2 weeks old and now flaky drivers? Come on Toshiba; it's getting hard to defend you guys.

PS. I have a L645D-S4036

Occasional Advisor
DonD

Finally!!  Better late than never.

For everyone who lost features with Conexant Audio Driver 8.54.44, a new driver has been released, v 8.64.39.50.  Works like a charm.  All features are restored and volume is much louder.  There is also an SRS Premium Sound utility that can be installed over this driver now.  Great for movies. 

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3132741  

Regular Contributor
cybot

[ Edited ]

if your trying this driver for the conexant pebble high definition smartaudio, the two drivers discussed here will not work because the drivers are for different hardware. i just discovered this problem on my p500-st6844. the proper windows 8 driver for the pebble high definition smartaudio is this one :  tc70095200d.exe -- version 4.130.61 after updating, the device will still be renamed conexant smartaudiohd however.