hdward09

Windows 8.1 Metro apps not working

[ Edited ]

Windows 8.1 metro apps are not working at all every time I click on one my scrren goes to my background color, any help would be great thank you. Toshiba Satellite C75D-A7310

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Windows 8.1 Metro apps not working

Try this.

Troubleshoot and Fix Store App Issues in Windows 8 and 8.1 with "Windows Store Apps" Troubleshooter

Always tell us which computer you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
hdward09

That came back with this

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What does View detailed information have to say?

detailed info.JPG

-Jerry
hdward09

this came back with this

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Always tell us which computer you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom.

Still waiting....

-Jerry
wisemand

[ Edited ]

I have some more information re this.  I have a (brand new) MS Surface Pro 2, with the Toshiba Dynadock U3 port extender.  Metro apps work absolutely fine - until you install the Win8.1 drivers for the Dynadock.   I've checked this a couple of times now, to the extent of:

1. creating a manual restore point at a known working config with all metro apps operating properly.

2. confirming metro apps work,

3. installing the Dynadock drivers,

4. rebooting the computer

5. confirming metro apps break - including Store, etc.

6. restoring the restore point,

7. confirming that metro apps work again.

Drivers I'm using are version DisplayLink_7.5M1.

Dynadock is PA3927A-1PRP

Without the drivers installed I can use the USB ports in the Dynadock, though no network, no video, no sound.

Metro Troubleshooter reported and fixed some security settings being missing or changed.  Made no difference to the issue.

Hope this helps,

Darren.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Still waiting...

Mystery to me why you continue to ignore this question.

-Jerry
hdward09

I have told you what computer I have but to tell you again I have a Satellite C75D-A7310

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C75D-A7310  (PSCENU-01V013)

Toshiba often doesn't list computers built especially for big-box stores. Your model is essentially identical to this one with Windows 8.1 installed and possibly some other minor differences. Compare with the spec.

Satellite C75D-A7370 (PSCENU-01800D)

Get your downloads here

My apologies for missing this in your first message.

I don't understand your description of the Surface situation. Are you saying that you have installed the DisplayLink software to your Satellite?

In any case, what happens to the Apps situation when you boot into Safe Mode?

Settings > Power > Shift + Restart > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart button > Startup Settings menu (select #4)

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
tsujni

Here is a whole lot of stuff for you to try.... take caution as I have only cleared the store cache to solve my problem and these may make things worse.  As with any Internet advice, you're the one using these commands and you're the one that's responsible if things go wrong.  So, read the whole article and all the steps before committing to a course of action.  Sorry if this seems obvious, but I have been accused of "breaking" someones computer when all I did was point them to information.

Oh, the link  >>> http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21051-apps-tiles-not-working-responding-fix-windows-8-a.html

J.