StuartC

Unable to access BIOS or Boot options. Satellite C850-1KN + Windows8

In the Manual it styates  Hold down the F12 then power on the laptop to get to the boot options. It doesnt work. it just boots directly to Windows 8.

On the how To pages on the website, it says, power on and immediatly  keep tapping the F-12 key until the option screen shows up - that doesnt work ether.

Same thing happens when trying to open the BIOS screen, it boots directly to Win8.

So, How do I select my boot options on this Laptop ??????????????????????????

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Unable to access BIOS or Boot options. Satellite C850-1KN + Windows8

[ Edited ]

Satellite C850-1KN

Your problem is that Windows 8 does not normally shut down completely. But you need that complete shutdown in order to reach the UEFI during startup.

One way to shut down completely is to hold the Shift key when you click Shut down.

Settings > Power > Shift + Shut down

Edited to add that boot options can be reached from within Windows.

Settings > Power > Shift + Restart > ...

-Jerry
anilkumarma123

Hi my name is anil, m using satellite c850 series model, i m in a b4 trouble, my friend did somethng wrong and al few partions got deleted except my 2 primary partion, i realy want to acces bios, bt its nt workng wit al d ways, neither with holdng f12 or f2, what to do, plz help.
Occasional Contributor
jay_ar24

If holding down F12 won't work, Try to press F12 rapidly when Toshiba logo appears till u reach BIOS set up.