teamdynamite

Touch screen not recognized on U925t-S2301

Around October 9th (I believe) we had some type of Windows update on my Toshiba U925t-S2301 tablet PC. Since then the touch screen on the PC will not work at all. When I go to check the Tablet PC settings it doesn't even exist. It now shows in the system information that no pen or touch capabilty is recognized for my display, when obviously this is a touch screen that was working fine before.

I ran the Toshiba Service Station app and did all of the updates and still no luck. I also tried uninstalling the applicable HID drivers and restarting the PC and still no luck.

Does anyone else have any issues like this over the past couple weeks? Does anyone know of any other solutions? I waited for 3 hours on Toshiba's support phone line and never got an answer. Absolutely the worst phone support I've ever experienced.

teamdynamite

Re: Touch screen not recognized on U925t-S2301

Is there anyone from Toshiba that can respond to my inquiry? Or anyone lelse that has seen this problem?

Peter

Are you using Windows 8 or have you upgraded to Windows 8.1?

- Peter
vertigoChuck

I am having the same issue with my U925t-S2300. It worked fine after the upgrade to 8.1 a couple weeks ago, but the other day, it stopped working.

My best guess right now is that when I linked it up to my television, the display recognition crapped out, but after rebooting a dozen times, I am starting to think that that isn't the issue.

After scouring the internet for answers, people suggested resolving conflicts in the device manager. Some of these were a royal pain to get around, but I was successful in fixing an issue about a "CP210x USB to UART bridge (COM4)" driver. Previously that issue was on COM3 and was an error with the machine in "Devices and Printers".

While inside the Device Manager, inside the "Monitors" tree, the only thing that shows up is a "Generic PnP Monitor" I can't remember what it was before this bug, but I am going to guess that it is not that.

I have seen other forums for other models where there are HID drivers on the support site (P55 for instance), but there are no such clear-cut drivers here. I even tried to install the "Toshiba Tablet Easy Control" utility, and it did not change anything about the screen.

I am fed up with the issue and am looking for the right driver to roll back to to fix this issue. I am almost willing to reset my machine, but since I did not get any physical media with the machine when I bought it, I don't know what that process would be.

Charles

Peter

You may want to call customer support at (800) 457-7777.

Recovery media comes on the computer. To perform a system reset, use Settings > Shift + Restart > Troubleshoot > Reset. You should create physical media using Toshiba Recovery Media Creator that comes on your computer.

- Peter
bandaid

Any update on this issue?   Windows 8.1 just killed my touchscreen.

Come on Toshiba what is the fix.

bandaid

Do I really need to call in for issue?.  We all knew Windows 8.1 was coming. 

Why didn't Toshiba prep for it?

Trip94

[ Edited ]

I'm in the same boat  my u925t s2300 is running windows 8.1 and now windows 8.1 says "no pen or touch input is available."

Toshiba service station posted an alert that says 

"Toshiba will be releasing updated components via the Toshiba Service Station starting with the October 18, 2013 release of Windows 8.1 by Microsoft. If you are planning on updating your current Windows version to Windows 8.1 you will need to download and install these Toshiba components first. After updating to Windows 8.1 you should run the Toshiba Service Station again to check for and download any additional components.'

But it is now to late to have downloaded "Toshiba components."

Toshiba, Intel, & Microsoft what can I do to get touch input on my ultrabook I have not had this 6 months and I have had multiple problems with black screens unable to boot until I reset in bios when the battery was low, I'm chained to an outlet, the screen stripped out from one of the supports and now I can't get the touch screen to respond.  I had high hopes for Toshiba ultrabook but now I just want basic functions.  

Please help.  I can't send this off to get repaired as I'm a small business owner and need my quickbooks to operate my business.

Thanks

Trip

Peter

Toshiba did prep for it, which is why most things are working fine and the number of complaints relative to the number of our laptops that were upgraded is rather low.

I'm not a tech support agent, so you still might want to call customer to find out more. However, if you didn't notice the upgrade directions until after upgrading, it's not too late.

Uninstall any components you have that are found on Appendix A of the following document:

How to Update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Document ID: 4003162 Posted Date: 2013-09-08

Once that's done, restart and check Toshiba Service Station for updates. Download all updates offered.

If the problem persists, you will need to call customer support.

- Peter
Trip94

[ Edited ]

Thanks for trying peter.

I followed your instructions removed and reinstaled software per Apendix A and did all the updates and my system still says no pen or touch is avilable.

I even reset my ultabook to windows 8 factory settings and window 8 says no pen or touch is avilable.

Microsoft says i need to contact toshiba for the proper drivers and support but toshiba customer suport says they want help unless I purchase  Norton Antiviris subscription for $199 or $139 for a one time fix.  this is stupid I could by an Asus laptop every year if it gets infected and it would be just as useful with no touch screen.  Allthough I do love the solid state 6 second start up on this thing.

Is there a touchscreen driver I can instal on this ultrabook?

Trip

Peter

There's no specific touchscreen driver, and I don't see a BIO updated related to that either.

Customer support said you needed a NAV subscription to fix the touchscreen? Would you mind sending me a PM with your serial number so I can look into that. It seems strange.

Click here to send me a Private Message.

- Peter
bandaid

To enable the touch screen:

1. At the desktop, hold down the Windows key and press x and then A to bring up an Administrator's command prompt.

2. Type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" (without the quotes) and hit Enter.  You should see a response that the command was successfully

3. Robot the machine.

4. Touch screen now working

Slight problem.  Now says testing in the lower right corner but it works.

teamdynamite

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response.

What's even more weird now is that my computer screen will not turn on at all now. When I power on the computer I can see the different colored hardware lights come on showing the computer is starting. However the screen never comes on. This has gone from the touch screen not working or being recognized to now the screen not working at all. Is the support phone number my only option for addressing this type of issue?

Thanks again Peter.

Peter

In this case, it sounds like it likely requires servicing, Calling customer support would be the only option to set up a repair. Sorry!

- Peter
omar823502

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I have the same problem, my u925t lost the display, is only possible throught my hdmi port to the TV

I comment my experience if somone know what could be the problem

Yesterday when I turn  on the computer, I did as tablet, then when I try to convert in laptop the display turn off, then when you slide back into a tablet, the screen lit again.

I slide very slowly the display and could convert in laptop again

It worked well all day, turned it off and turned on as a tablet and laptop and everything worked fine.

This morning I had the same problem the day before, started aa tablet,  only this time, when I tried to do the same and the screen did not turn over at all.

In my opinion the problem is when you go to slide the screen, the computer gives the order to move from one mode to another.

And restart erasing the entire disc and got no results

Another thing  that was decomposed was the front camera and microphone

DanielDawson

I have a stylus but my screen is not very responsive to it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of stylus to buy that is compatible withthe following:

http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/satellite/U920T/U925T-S2301

I purchased the amazon bamboo. I"m open to alternative options! I need to know which one would work best so I can jot notes for some of my classes  rather than typing.

j00sikah

Has there been a fix for this problem?

My touchscreen has now stopped working. I've tried restarting, the reinstalling the HID driving as I was told, I even tried to system restore to a few days ago when the touchscreen was still working. I don't know enough about the issue to figure it out on my own. I'd really like to use the touchscreen I paid for.

bandaid

I hate to break it to you guys but Toshiba isn't going to fix this.  The U925 was a very small build for them and there are probably less than 5k in the US market and probably less that are still working because of the faulty ribbon cable on the back of it.  If you want your touch screen to work use the following

To enable the touch screen:

1. At the desktop, hold down the Windows key and press x and then A to bring up an Administrator's command prompt.

2. Type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" (without the quotes) and hit Enter.  You should see a response that the command was successfully

3. Robot the machine.

4. Touch screen now working

Slight problem.  Now says testing in the lower right corner but it works.

Good luck

j00sikah

When I do this, I get an error message that says " An error has occurred setting the element data. The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted" .

EvanLurie

This blows!  I bought my model refurbished (I'm guessing the Touchscreen failed once before, but who knows, perhaps it was something else....) and of course the Touchscreen failed.  If you boot into BIOS (or UEFI in this case), and the touchscreen isn't working, that's not Windows folks.  This is a hardware issue.

Except for that "feature", I really like this laptop--the weight, the keyboard, the design.  But I'm wondering if the issue isn't something actually mechanical with the screen itself.  Anyone have an in with the good folks who repair this crap when it is out of warranty to know if it makes sense to just replace the screen or is that just an invitation for future failure??