ChrisPoussaint

The touchpad stopped working (windows 8 version)

A couple of days ago, my touchpad stopped working. I didn't spill or drop anything on my computer, so I have no idea what happened. I can't even find Synaptics in Device Manager. I found it in the Programs section. Should I uninstall it, then reinstall?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: The touchpad stopped working (windows 8 version)

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
ÓskarHreinsson

Hi.

I am experiencing the same on my C855D-S5302, part no. PSCBQU-006004, running windows 8 factory installed. About a month ago my cursor had disappeared and the touchpad was no longer showing up in device manager, but an unknown device had appeared and was missing a driver. So I tried downloading the driver but when it should have installed I got the message "access denied". I tried recovery dating back a few days and that fixed it but only for 4 days. Now I have spent all my free time trying to resolve but no luck.  And now I can´t undo the first recovery, it ends at the same date every time I try to undo it. I tried downloading a new driver from synaptics.com but again Access denied. It is very frustrating not to know if windows update caused this or if it is a hardware fault. Any help would be appreciated.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C855D-S5302

Downloads here

Have you upgraded to Windows 8.1? If not, do that.

How to Update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

-Jerry