toshsat855

Reinstall Windows 8

I have a Toshiba Satellite L855. It came preinstalled with Windows 8 home, but I want to install Windows 8 Professional. The problem is I can't install it. I can't boot to usb or the dvd/cd drive. It always tell me there is nothing to boot for either one of those options, but the usb and cd work on other computers, so I know it has something to do with this one. It does does UEFI usb and UEFI cd/dvd, which could be the problem, but I can't figure out how to make it non-UEFI if that is the problem.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Reinstall Windows 8

It came preinstalled with Windows 8 home, but I want to install Windows 8 Professional.

There is no Windows 8 Home. There is a Windows 8 (aka "core") and a Windows 8 Pro.

If you have the former, here is how to upgrade to the Pro version. Point to the upper-right corner of the screen and click Search. Enter add features in the search box and then click Settings. Click Add features to Windows 8 and then click I want to buy a product key online. You will be prompted through the steps to buy a product key from there.

Always tell which Satellite L855 you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry