FMT
FMT

Recover to Original Factory Settings

I installed Windows 8 to my previous Windows 7 and it was successful. Now, I want to recover my factory settings (Windows 7) but it was unsuccessful. I used my recovery media disk (DVD disk) but it doesn't recognized it. I also check the Toshiba website solutions (holding 0 while powering on) but recovery settings does not showed up. My laptop model is L755-16J.

Is there any option/s that you can help me to recover to my original factory settings?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Recover to Original Factory Settings

Satellite L755-16J (PSK2YE-05801FAR)

I used my recovery media disk (DVD disk) but it doesn't recognized it.

Not sure what that means. If you burned them, you'd have several discs. In any case, you'll apparently need to order a set from Toshiba.

Toshiba Europe Backup Media Online Shop

Follow the instructions in the section Restoring the pre-installed software from your created Recovery Media, which is on p. 1-15 of your User's Manual (attached).

-Jerry
FMT
FMT

i already did the 2 solutions. First pressing and holding 0 button while powering on but the system recover does not show instead it shows the windoes start menu and asking my password. Second, pressing F12 while my first recovery media disk (DVD + R) doesnt recognize or read the content. For your info my recovery media disk has 4 nos.

Is ther any other solutions?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

pressing and holding 0 button while powering on but the system recover does not show

That's to be expected. When you installed Windows 8, you destroyed the recovery partition.

pressing F12 while my first recovery media disk (DVD + R) doesnt recognize or read the content.

Pressing F12 during boot should open the BIOS to the boot priority list. You need to select the optical drive.

If the DVD is not bootable, you need to order new recovery discs, as I have said.

-Jerry
mellaby

When you boot up do you see the F2, F12 options on the bottom of the screen? If you don't, thats why the 0 press does not work(your computor will just start windows). You have to do a restart, not a shutdown within win 8. When you installed win 8 (on the C drive) you should not have deleted the recovery partition.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

From what I read here, most repartition/reformat the disk during installation.

-Jerry