scienceguy0402
Accepted Solution

Problems with TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB reading blank media or blu rays

I have an msi gt 70 onc laptop with a TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB blu ray drive. The drive does function as i am able to read cds however i am unable to read blank discs and blu rays even with the proper software to do so. i have tried to find alternative driver software and contacted msi for support the latter suggested that i do a clean install. i however know that this problem was with me from the start. 

help me your my only hope 

burroughs3000

Re: Problems with TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB reading blank media or blu rays

Hello,

i have the gt70 (2od), too. And I have the same Problem. I found out that the Blu Rays can be played If you put them in the Drive before you start the Notebook. Is this the same on your notebook?

Besides: Do you think zhis is the right Forum?

Perhaps we should try to post the Problem here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/msi/718530-official-msi-gt70-2od-owners-lounge.html

gateway4shadow

I have the msi gx60 with the TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB TM00. its doing the same crap, and this is the only place ive seen somebody respond while using google. I cant seem to figure out what firmware i want?

burroughs3000

I found this firmware:

http://www.tsstodd.com/eng/firmware/fwdownload/fwdownload.asp?functionvalue=view&no=769

But it's not the rigt OEM Code: SC

I think we need OEM Code TM (if I remember right, i'm now in my office now).

Please let me know if you can find the right firmware fur us.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this Problem, because I couldn't find something else in the Internet, too.

Here is one Other Trick to get BD working:

Go to the Hardware Manager => DVD/CD-ROM-DRIVES / TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB => Properties => Tabpage "Volumes" => Button "Refresh" (Or Something like this, because I have a German System).

The the Blue Ray in the Drive will now be read . But you have to do this for each BD you put in the Drive. Still no good solution. 

gateway4shadow

hopefully toshiba gets their crap together. this is getting annoying. several dozen people have had this issue now, yet there is NO fix anywhere on the internet. MSI hangs up on me, yet im under warentry. Hey toshiba, put out a fix, replace them free, or give us a whole new extrernal unit. Ty.

Yea apparently we need a TM version. Ive had 9 people looking for me trying to help me. nobody knows, nobody can find anything besides the version you linked.

burroughs3000

I found the solution:

The Software "Intel Rapid Storrage Technology" is responsible for not reading Blue-rays or evtl. DVDs in the DVDWBD SN-406AB.

I deinstalled the Software and everything went fine since then. The Microsoft Drivers are used instad the RST and i have the impression that the SSD is even faster with it.

semovan

Is very simple. The  problem is the ITunes, delete this program and restart your computer.