marce

Photos and camera problems on Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Hi, hopefully someone can help me.  I'm a bit of a technophobe and I am old so be kind and keep instructions very simple please.  Let me tell you the problem.  When I either connect my camera or put a media card into the laptop, then the pictures all come up but then when I say import, a message comes up and says that there is a fault with the folder (whatever that means).  Also, I can't get the camera or webcam to take a picture - i can see my face on the screen but when i click on it, again it just says that there is a fault.  can anyone help me.

Peter

Re: Photos and camera problems on Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Do you know which Satellite laptop you have? There's a label on the bottom with the model number on it. If you could give me that model number, it'd be helpful.

Could you also type out the exact error message you see?

- Peter
Smoki

[ Edited ]

I can't upload photos either.  I installed adobe photoshop elements, and the photos loaded there, but cant load into the photo section in the start menu.  They show on screen, but I get message that "something went wrong and folder could not be created, please try again"...this is a satellite L855-S5405.  Any ideas?  thanks

Peter

What photos part of the Start Menu do you mean?

If you create a folder on the desktop for the photos, can you copy them from your camera to that folder?

- Peter
Smoki

on the start menu you click on in the lower left corner of the screen.  there's a blue square labeled pictures...

Smoki

Sorry, it's labeled photos. 

Smoki

Also the Documents, pictures, and video libraries (ms-libraries) come up with a message "no longer working, may safely delete"  the music library is there.

Peter

I'm not familiar with the problem personally, but I found this solution from the Microsoft Community:

Error: "Pictures.library-ms is no longer working. This library can be safely deleted from your compu...

He mentions Windows 8, and it doesn't sound like you're using Windows 8, but I think you should try that solution anyways.

- Peter