jcalar
Accepted Solution

I hate Windows 8! How do I go back to 7?

I LOVE my Toshiba Satellite P875-S5102 but really HATE the Windows 8 system that it came with.  It's not the Pro version so I apparently don't have downgrade rights.  I would like to just get rid of it and am willing to buy a copy of Windows 7 (64-bit) to install instead.  What drivers will I need for my new Win 7 system, and what's the best way to go about purchasing a copy of Win 7?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: I hate Windows 8! How do I go back to 7?

Satellite P875-S5102

Maybe this one?

Satellite P875-S7102 (PSPLEU-048003)

Downloads here

I don't recommend downgrading that model, because Toshiba did not supply Windows 7 drivers. You're on your own.

-Jerry
jcalar

Nope it is P855-S5102, purchased at Best Buy in June.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P875-S5102

Nope it is P855-S5102

Satellite P855-S5102 (PSPKEU-062002)

Downloads here

Same problem at our website above: insufficient Windows 7 drivers. But you're in luck! For that part-number family (PSPKEU), you can get 64-bit Windows 7 drivers here. It's the European equivalent (PSPKEE) of ours.

Notice that only Windows 8 Pro comes with downgrade rights (to Windows 7 Professional). So those without the Pro version would need to upgrade to it or pay for Windows 7.

In order to boot using UEFI from the Windows 7 installation media, follow this procedure.

-Shut down Windows 8 while pressing the Shift key to completely power off.

-Power on and press F2 while the Toshiba logo is displayed to enter the UEFI Setup Menu.

-Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled".

-Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot."

-Press F10 to save and exit.

In order to successfully install Windows 7, you need to remove the existing GPT partitions during Setup and create new ones.

-Jerry