MICHELO

How to change a factory setting of BIOS in a Toshiba Satellite P855-S5312

Turns out I bought a P855-S5312 laptop, I came by default with window 8 which is not to my liking, I want to change it to window 7 but the problem is I can not enter the BIOS settings to boot with F2 or F12 desperate if know to do remove the hard drive and put it in a laptop toshiba poseeo similar to that to see if it could start reformatting but it was not not start.
And now I can not even put a window back to 8 if someone helps me reset the BIOS settings or something in order to boot from the rescue disk because I can not make it boot from any network side, cd, usb.
In advance thank you very much

Peter

Re: How to change a factory setting of BIOS in a Toshiba Satellite P855-S5312

When you go to shutdown in Windows 8, try holding shift when you select shutdown. Then, boot the computer back up while holding F2. If that  doesn't work, do the shift-shutdown again. This time, boot while tapping F2.

- Peter
MICHELO

thanks for the answer, and I hise that enters the BIOS goes directly to the message telling me to insert a bootable disk will not let me change the BIOS settings or where I want to start the machine. If you have any other ideas thank you very much

Peter

Try checking this article. Look in the "PREINSTALLED" section.

- Peter