YvetteCooper

How do I take pics with my webcam

Even after looking at the users guide I still cannot figure out how to take pics with my webcam on Satellite laptop and Win 8. This is my first experience with Win 8. So just not familiar with it. Help!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How do I take pics with my webcam

Point your camera where you want it, type 'Camera' while on the Start screen, click on Web Camera Application, click "Capture" and you will have a 3 second countdown until you hear the shutter click.  Voila!

This is all explained in the Help file under Operations, Photo Capture. You get the Help File by clicking on the question mark in the upper right hand corner when the camera is active.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
SpeedyMomzales

I too have a Satellite C55-A laptop, and I cannot figure out how to take pix with my webcam.  I tried following your instructions to the OP, but there is no "webcamera application" that comes up when I type "camera" nor is there any ? in the upper right corner to access a Help file.

The Users Manual for my machine has this helpful information on the section for taking pics: "Depending on your model of computer, instructions may be different."  Without actually giving ANY instructions at all.

Can you help me, too, please?  I will be very grateful!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

You should have started your own thread, Speedy, rather than piggy-backing on an old thread.  However, if you will post your complete model info as in my examples below, we will try to help.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
SpeedyMomzales

Please accept my apologies for breach of protocol, Sir.