JazzRat

Convert back to windows 7 from windows 8 preview on Toshiba Satellite

I tried pressing "0" while powering the system up and I got to the proper screen. I did not backup my drive so I backed out. After backing up the drive, I tried the process again and now I can't get to the restore screen during startup. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Trying to revert back to Windows 7 on my laptop.

Peter

Re: Convert back to windows 7 from windows 8 preview on Toshiba Satellite

With that method not working. you could try using recovery discs. If you didn't create any, you can order them from Toshiba.

- Peter
talonhawkins

I had an issue with that too, before you turn it on hold down  "0" the zero above the "p" not on the num pad

and then press power while still holding the zero key, keep holding zero until the system restore loads up (if it fails then only windows will boot up, meaning you would have to order recovery disks, to bad they dont have an iso download)

Peter

When you tell your laptop to shut down in Windows 8, it performs a type of hybrid shut down. Open applications are closed, but the kernel and system itself are cached on the hard drive. To perform a full shut down, hold SHIFT while selecting "shut down." (Restarting the computer also performs a full shut down.) Usually the default, hybrid shut down should be fine. If you have trouble loading the recovery utility, try perform a full shut down by holding shift before booting with the '0' key.

- Peter