Carl85

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 WiFi disconnect

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 WiFi disconnect several times. Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200

Peter

Re: After upgrading to Windows 8.1 WiFi disconnect

Hold the Windows button and press 'x' to open a menu in the lower-left. Select "Device Manager." In the Device Manager, expand "Network adapters." What's listed there?

- Peter
Carl85

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless N 2230

Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Peter

Naftali

Hi Peter I am having the same problem every time the computer "sleeps" and have been "solving" it by going into the device manager every time, disabling then re-enabling the network driver (really annoying). I have a toshiba m305-s4826.

The driver is Intel PRO//Wireless3945ABG. Will the same download work for me? IF not could you please point me to the right direction. Thank you. Naftali

Peter

Naftali, have you also upgraded to Windows 8.1 or are you still using the Vista OS that came with laptop?

If you're still using Vista, try this driver.

Intel Wireless LAN Driver for Windows Vista / 7 (32bit) Version: 12.4.0.21.1 Posted Date: 2009-05-15...

- Peter
Naftali

I have upgraded to 8.1

Peter

You can try the one I linked, but I don't know if it'll help or work. That model wasn't supported for Windows 8 upgrade.

- Peter
Naftali

i did try it already. i didn't notice that anything happened nor was there any indication that anything was installed or upgraded. Otherwise, Win8 and subsequently, Win 8.1 works fine on this computer. 

Peter

[ Edited ]

I notice this on the Intel site:

Which Intel wireless adapters are not supported in Windows 8?

Intel® WiFi Link 5100
Intel® WiFi Link 5300
Intel® WiFi/WiMAX Link 5150
Intel® WiFi/WiMAX Link 5350
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Note: The Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN adapters have an inbox driver that works with Windows 8. However, Intel Customer Support does not support the use of Windows 8 with any of the adapters listed. You can ask questions about these adapters on our Community Forum.

Unfortunately, I don't have any additional information on it. That community forum might be of some help though.

Edit: I should probably cite my source, hm? http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-033840.htm

- Peter
KarenGordon

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. Here is what my network adapter shows:

Qualcomm Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

KarenGordon, can you confirm the model and part number of your laptop as well? It's on the label on the bottom. And this was also after upgrading to Windows 8.1?

- Peter