jholden3249

windows 7 freezes

Hi, I've got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed on my Toshiba Satellite E-1602. My computer keeps freezing randomly, though it does tend to happen more often within a couple minutes of startup, if not while starting up. I checked my event log, and at first I thought it was configfree because it had an entry stating something or another about configfree every time right before the entry stating computer was shut down unexpectedly. Then after uninstalling it I noticed the same log everytime about WLAN. Now it's saying the content source <csc//{S-1-5-21-2510000432-886004347-1415384596-1001}/> cannot be accessed in the event log . The were some other logs as well concerning Transaction Manager forcing incorrect outcomes. I don't know what to do. But I can tell you that I'm suspicious that the problem has something to do with incorrect drivers being installed. When I first installed the OS (a clean install by the way) I downloaded Toshiba's Software Installer driver and it put about 7 drivers on my cpu. Already, 2 of them I had to remove. I tried to uploaded and attachment of some screenshots of my event log. I archived them so I could upload all at once- but it will only allow .txt to be attached. I can always email the screenshots if someone would be kind enough to help. Could someone PLEASE help me figure this out- I will be eternally greatful!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: windows 7 freezes

You need to upload the pictures to ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or any one of the other free image hosting sites then link to them in your post. 

And no, I don't know the answer to your problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

robbeaudin

I had the same problem with my laptop.  In order to fix it I did a clean boot from msconfig.  The problem turned out to be a conflict between Toshiba Configfree and Microsoft windows 7 wireless connection management software.  To fix the problem click the programs button on the bottom Left of your screen and type msconfig.exe in the search box, click the services tab, uncheck the boxes for ConfigFree WIMAX Service and ConfigFree Service, click apply and OK, the click restart computer.  This should fix the problem.

jholden3249

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I figured out the problem a few months ago, but forgot to post here in the forum. I, however, didn't use msconfig, I just uninstalled all Toshiba-issued drivers that were not necessary to see if they were Vista-only compatible, and mwualla! That was the problem. Since then, I started getting BSODs, and have solved that problem as well. Apparently, uTorrent was causing the error "IQRL not equal to or less than 1" when I get the BSOD. I used Debugger and checked the dump file, googled the results and found that when downloading multiple torrents at once, uTorrent can cause this error, although it is not common. So yes, if anyone else is having this problem, diabling the ConfigFree svc in msconfig would certainly be a quick and easy way to tell if that is the culprit. Thanks to everyone for their help :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite E-1602

Maybe something like this?

Satellite E105-S1602 

"IQRL not equal to or less than 1"

Probably this one.

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

found that when downloading multiple torrents at once, uTorrent can cause this error, although it is not common.

Thanks for the info.

-Jerry