dimalec

webcam problem windows 7 satellite a300d

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my chicony integrated webcam. It doesn't show up at all, although I have installed camera assistant software. My laptop is a satellite a300d - 16w psak8e. Any ideas? I really have downloaded so many drivers but I don't think they are good for me. And the first days of windows 7 the webcam worked fine. Then the microphone didn't and when the microphone worked, the webcam didn't!

Hope it's clear, thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: webcam problem windows 7 satellite a300d

Satellite A300D-16W

You might try reinstalling the driver as described in Toshiba Document 98082243.

We should soon see your Windows 7 Toshiba drivers and utilities turn up here.

-Jerry
dimalec

I have already done this but it doesn't solve the problem. It does nothing for me.

Thank you anyway for the idea!

Alex

NoMoreToeshibah

I also have a Toshiba A305-S6858 Fusion Finish that was Best Buy's most expensive model for $800 in August 2008.

I installed Windows 7 - 32 bit software  a few months ago and now would like to use the webcam for Skype.

I installed many drivers and different Camera Assistance Software for countless hours trying to get my daughters USB chicony webcam working.

After reading the close the lid half way comments I tried it and now the webcam shows up in device manager every time I half close the lid.

The camera also works when I run the Camera Assistance Software.

So if you don't mind tilting the laptop to use Skype it works but is a pain to do.

Thanks Toshiba for using cheap hardware!!!!!!