rrk
rrk

sd/mmc card reader not working

hello.

i just bought a nb200 mini-notebook and installed windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.

the card reader seems not working. i already inserted several mmc and sd cards but

it doesn't show up in explorer window.

i have tried installing several drivers from your site, but to no avail. i hope someone can

shed a light regarding my concern.

thank you.

rrk

Occasional Contributor
FastCast

Re: sd/mmc card reader not working

Try Windows Update.  They recently added a Ricoh driver that worked for my A215.

Is it showing as properly installed in Device Manager?

dimap52

I just tried an SD card in my NB205 under Win 7 ultimate I upgraded to and it came up fine. It is a Realtek device so try downloading the Realtek driver again, perhaps with a card in the slot first to see if it comes up. It did on mine when I uninstalled and re-installed the driver.

dexter20082001

Re: SD/mmc card reader not working

Hi I have a similar problem with my L505D-S5983. It disconnects and reconnects the SD card at random intervals and the the windows sounds are starting to get pretty annoying.Its a Realtek card reader also. I have tried reinstalling drivers and deleting drivers but nothing stops this. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

rrk
rrk

did what you suggested and card reader is still not functional.

rrk
rrk

update regarding the sd cardreader in my nb200

after almost a month of downloading, installing, and uninstalling of cardreader driver. i have decided to return my nb200 to the computer store and asked them to restore the settings to factory default.

now my nb200 can read an SD Card, if it is locked. if you unlock the card, nothing happens. so how can i save or write something to the SD Card if it's locked?

the tech support guy said they will try to replace the motherboard. it's almost a month now. i can't work on my projects. they didn't even gave me any replacement unit while they are still fixing my netbook.

anyone having the same problems with their nb200? how about other models?

smikecarl

Re: update regarding the sd cardreader in my nb200

Same problem here.  Installed some Kodak camera software and all heel broke loose.

Am in the process of updating the BIOS and all drivers from the support site.

In addition to the card reader failing, I am having problems with Device Manager running PNP scanning for new devices.  It will simply freeze the system.  After reboot (no additional changes) it completes ... but does not find the card reader.

Will post solution if I find it.

Don't wait for a response from Toshiba ... they're too busy to deal with silly things like customer support.

dimatrix

Re: update regarding the sd cardreader in my nb200

Hi all,

Same problem for me on my new NB200 11L. Tried inserting the SD card, no response from MY Computer despite Realtek driver appearing fine in Device Manager. Then laptop refuses to hibernate, requiring restart to return to normal ops. Not considering sending my laptop back to Toshiba because already done that once (right-click wasn't working on arrival).

Will update if I come up with anything.

wagner

I also just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 32-bit and the SD reader is not working, nor is the FN key in conjuction with the F-keys, so I have to activate the flash cards manually with mouse.

I have a NB205 N210 computer.

I have tried multiple drivers but can't seem to get it to work. Suggestions?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

mini notebook NB205-N210

All the drivers and utilities for your computer are here.

You probably need to install most of them, certainly these two.

Realtek Card Reader for Windows 7 (32/64)

Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP) for Windows 7 (32)  

In the future, please start a new discussion. This one is over two years old.

-Jerry