lecicaem

my usb ports stopping working on my satillite L505D-S5992

Every thing i plug in does not work,  they work on my home pc but not my laptop.  I bought the Satellite brand new a month ago with windows 7 on it. Can you please help me?

Regular Contributor
zzz123

Re: my usb ports stopping working on my satillite L505D-S5992

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the USB drivers/root hubs in Device Manager. Start>Control Panel>Device Manager, click on plus sign besides Universal Serial Bus controllers, uninstall each of the entries and restart the computer to refresh them.

rdtaylor49

Had the same poblem on a L505-s6946. Unplug power and remove battery. Re-install battery and power back up and all usb ports work fine.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

That works a lot of the time as well.  But the next time you do that be sure to press and hold the power button for a minimum of 30 seconds before you put the battery back and plug in the adaptor to completely drain the capacitors on the mainboard.  That works even better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.