thel0rax

l75d-a7283 windows 8 to 7 downgrade issue

Hey folks,

Yet another downgrading issue! I bought a Toshiba satellite  l75d-a7283 from staples a couple months ago and immediately downgraded the computer to Windows 7.. For the most part it was problem free except for the video drivers.. The computer has an A4 vision with an integrated radeon HD so I used the drivers from the Toshiba site and they acted like they installed but windows still lists the monitor as a "generic plug in play device" and when I try launching the catalyst control center it says there is no devices for it to manage. It is pretty apparent just from how slow windows move around that there is no hardware acceleration going on. I also tried using AMDs driver finder app and that returned nothing(from what I've read that is normal though since it is a toshiba specific driver).  Reinstallation also didn't change anything.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be much appreciated. Please and thanks!

Super Advisor
eagle3

Re: l75d-a7283 windows 8 to 7 downgrade issue

You will have to see if you can find any laptops with your specs, I spent some time checking around here and in the Europe models and could only find models with Intel, not AMD that you need.  Good luck and Dont give up!

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****
winblows

[ Edited ]

here you go:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS036718

The lenovo ThinkPad Edge E145 uses the same AMD core components (AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (A4-5000 APU)

driver is written for AMD Graphic Device Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) -

it installed for me and device manager changed from standard VGA to the correct AMD Radeon HD 8330

hope this helps others who wish to downgrade from winblows8

Super Advisor
eagle3

Thanks for your reply, it will help others!

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****