matt13

clean install of windows 7 using toshiba upgrade media

Hi,I just received my Windows 7 upgrade media from Toshiba and i wanted to do a clean install but i noticed that the Windoes 7 upgrade media from Toshiba has the upgrade assistant installed with it,now if i want to do a clean install i would have to use the software installer not the upgrade assistant,i have been reading this bulletin from Toshiba for doing a clean install using the upgrade media but i am not sure if it applys to everyone with a Toshiba windows 7 upgrade media and if it applys for Canada or just the US,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

bitz

Re: clean install of windows 7 using toshiba upgrade media

Those are your options. You can either do a clean install or upgrade using the upgrade disc/s sent by Toshiba.

If you want to do an upgrade, we need to use the Toshiba Upgrade Assistant. We can use this link for that: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/TUA-Setup.exe

If you want to do a clean install, we can load the upgrade disc then turn the computer off. Please keep tapping F12 after powering the computer on then choose to boot from the CD/DVD drive. Please follow the prompts and it should do the clean installation. We need to use the Toshiba Software Installer after the clean installation to help us download the different applications and drivers:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tsi4win7.exe

matt13

[ Edited ]

Hi bitz,I plan on just creating a recovery dvd,not backing up anything as it's a new laptop and do a clean install of Windows 7.Will this be okay and will the software installer download all the drivers and programs that were preinstalled with Vista or does it just download the neccesary ones and do i uninstall Vista first or just overwrite the C drive,thanks for your help and quick reply.

Matt

Occasional Advisor
pacman

Hi,

The Toshiba Software Installer Application tends to install or update your current driver for Windows 7. This application must be run after the clean install of Windows 7 in your computer. When doing clean install, there will be no trial software or sometimes driver will be loaded in the computer(native drivers only) after clean install.

Please do note that it is best to create your own recovery cd or backup cd for Vista before doing a clean install. You can do this thru Toshiba Recovery Disc creator. If you created one for your PC then what bitz said follow the on screen prompt to perform a clean install in the computer.

Hope this helps!

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

matt13

[ Edited ]

Hi pacman,i have been searching the forum and have seen some posts that say a double install is required when using the Toshiba Upgrade Media,should i delete my Vista partition first and then boot from the Upgrade Media or will i have no worries if i don't delete the partition,boot from the Upgrade media and follow the prompts and should i update the BIOS first or is that only required for 64 bit Windows.My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L300D,thanks again for the quick replys and help.

Matt