lauren145

admin password reset on C655-S5082

can not remember admin password.  did not create the reset disk and the laptop did not come with the Windows 7 disk

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: admin password reset on C655-S5082

Satellite C655-S5082

These instructions tell you how to reset it.

Forgot your Windows admin password?

-Jerry
DiGGerDon

Re: admin password reset on C655-S5082

Why do people post these answers that do NOT work and 9 times out of 10 have NO relevance to the specific problem(s) specified? Its already frustrating enough the Toshiba makes their computers so user UN friendly that any and all problems turn into a complete nightmare for the consumer, then to make it worse they have this forum full of dis information... I purchased a Toshiba C655 - S5129 laptop and it was working just fine, all my pictures are on it as well as other very important documents and the minute I plugged in the USB dongle for my new wireless mouse a box popped up asking for a password, I had never set it up this way... So after doing hours of searching and reading I see that its a glitch within the "Hardware password" configuration... I have NEVER setup a supervisor password so now I am completely locked out of my laptop... So how is me the consumer who has spent $600.00 of very hard earned CASH supposed to fix this? It is ridiculous that this idiotic option is built in the laptop to begin with as unstable as computers are overloading them with all this security nonsense are problems just waiting to happen... I have read that this password is stored on an EPROM and the only way to fix it is to have Toshiba reprogram the EPROM chip, so that screws the consumer every which way and also Sundays... Imagine that... I will NEVER as long as I live touch another device that has the Toshiba name attached to it... Thanks for nothing and for stealing my $600.00 Signed, A VERY ANGRY AMERICAN!