Toshbaby

Windows 7 upgrade install issue

HI, I am looking for help for my Realtek wireless lan......

I have purchased back in October a:

Toshiba Satellite P505d-S8930

Serial #89025824W

Part # PSPFOU-005003

I Received the windows 7 upgrade DVD from Toshiba and installed the windows 7 to my computer...The problem I  have is the Realtek wireless lan is now not working. It tells me to reinstall the driver but when I do that the system tells me the newest version is already installed. When I try to connect from the "network and Sharing Center" it is not an option. I have to go back to using the Ethernet cable to get the internet.....Can anyone help? I really would like to use the wireless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Occasional Advisor
doofus

Re: Windows 7 upgrade install issue

the windows vista driver will work , need to locate tosapins folder either in c:\ or c:\programsfiles\toshiba

but if you did clean install download driver from toshiba website 

edw
edw

Have similar problem with Realtek driver.  Did 'clean install' of Win 7.  Then to Realtek and downloaded new driver.

Unable to install driver so did a restart.  Taskbar showed 'installing driver'  then got blue screen advising sys would shut down due to impending crash.  Then started in safemode w/networking, downloaded driver again, attempted

run 'setup' but received message "sorry we do not support this operations system."  Thought I would just clean all off and start from scratch, but it will not let me reformat either.

Toshbaby

Thanks for the response......I did the install from the Toshiba web site but it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

mpe_et

One Question, did you uninstall the driver before upgrading? This may be the problem. The old one is stuck.
Toshbaby

yep...I uninstalled the realtek driver but not until after I installed the windows 7. Do you think that would make a difference? The download instructions didn't say to uninstall drivers.....I'm wondering if I should run the back up discs to get the laptop to the original format and start again? What do you think?