h0td0g

Windows 7 clean install

I thought that the Toshiba Software Installer Utility  would re-install my Toshiba applications (web  cam, DVD player, etc.) after a CLEAN install of Windows 7 but the installer did not contain those applications.  Can I download these applications or if not what software should I use?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Windows 7 clean install

TSI doesn't seem to install much of anything for most users.  Go to the Product Support Link at the op of this page, enter in your model number, then go to the download tab.  Download all of the WIndows 7 drivers, utilities, and apps for your system.  Grab the Vista files for anything that you don't find for WIn 7.  Some of the applications will need to be installed off of the Apps and Drivers disk from your Recovery Disk Set. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
kristinacallis

You might have recieved a drived utility CD along with your laptop. So that CD consist all of your toshiba applications. So get it and intall in your system. IF you are unable to find  the CD then you can find those softwares online.

Hopes this helps you.

Regards,

Kristina

digital camera reviews

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

kristinacallis wrote:

You might have recieved a drived utility CD along with your laptop. So that CD consist all of your toshiba applications. So get it and intall in your system. IF you are unable to find  the CD then you can find those softwares online.

Hopes this helps you.

Regards,

Kristina

Wrong again.  Toshiba doesn't ship driver (I'm assuming that is what you meant by drived) utility cd's with any of the systems these days, especially ones that came with Vista.  They only have the onboard recovery system with the ability to make your own recovery DVD's. 

In the future please try to refrain from posting incorrect information, especially when the CORRECT information has already been posted.  I've yet to find one of your posts that has been right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

cassie_green

This may seem like a very stupid question... but how do I know what my exact model is?

I am trying to follow your instructions (the only drivers and whatnot I have are the basics installed with the TSI), but obviously I need to know what my laptop is :smileysurprised:

I know it is a Satellite P500, and model number is PSPE8A-024008... these are not the options to select for my model on the product support page though? Any help would be much appreciated :-)

The computer tech guy who came around to install my wireless printer (who then said it couldn't be done wirelessly because there wasn't the rigth driver available yet?!?), directed me to this page http://support.toshiba-tie.co.jp/windows7/download/Satellite_P500_32_au.htm

Whilst I am user literate, I have a complete lack of knowledge on this side of things and do not know if I need to install ALL of these, or just some, or how to 'uninstall' the ones it says to do so first?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

PSPE8A-024008   Satellite P500/024

You need to go into the Control Panel then Programs and Features to uninstall the programs and drivers it mentions.  Then install EVERYTHING else that it provides for Windows 7.  Of course if they list more than one driver for the same device (such as the Atheros WiFi driver) only install the latest one (the one with the highest version number or latest date).