KKKKKK

Windows 7 Pro 32bit - Nvidia Geforce 230M drivers needed

[ Edited ]

My Laptop Toshiba Satellite A505-S6992, I had to install Win 7 Professional 32bit from my school, now it doesnt recognize my 230M graphic card. After clean install of 7, I used that Toshiba Drivers and Utilities for Windows 7, it recognized everything EXCEPT video card (system sees it as Standard VGA Adapter). Please tell my where can i find Windows 7 Professional 32bit drivers for Nvidia Geforce GT 230M. Thank you

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Windows 7 Pro 32bit - Nvidia Geforce 230M drivers needed

You'll probably need to see if NVidia has one as Toshiba doesn't have anything listed for it on their Product Support Site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

KKKKKK

thanks, i already tried nvidia's web site. automatic driver search says that i should download drivers from manufacturers website LOL, manually i was able to find these drivers: 195.39BETA

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_195.39_beta.html

it says it supports win 7 and 230M, but it doesnt recognize any hardware, and forcing drivers doesnt work (it tries to install something then it says nvidia control panel cannot be installed, please reboot and thats it).

im really frustrated now, if i knew there would be driver problems i would never buy toshiba laptop, i cannot even return it for cash back, im stuck!! please someone help me, there has to be some way to find those drivers...

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Any time you switch from the operating system that comes with a system to a different one there is a significant possibility of a driver problem and I don't care WHO made the laptop.  Your best bet is contact Official Toshiba Tech Support to see if they have a 32bit Windows 7 display driver available. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

That appears to be a supported model.  Clean install?  Try the instructions here.

Jim

KKKKKK

[ Edited ]

OK thanks all for replying. I followed that clean install tutorial, the problem was with this Toshiba Software Installer for Windows 7, it never installed any drivers except for card reader drivers (its like it wasn't able to detect my hardware even though my laptop is 'supported"). There should be direct links to drivers on toshiba's website!. I called Official Support and they couldn't provide me with any driver link information. i got tired of this, recovered HDD to factory status (which took like 3hrs), backed up all drivers and then installed Win 7 Pro again, this time 64bit version even though I wanted 32bit but hey I only have 64bit drivers. One more thing, after I installed Win 7 pro for the second time (and before manually installing my backuped drivers, which finally worked) I had wandered if this time this great tool that was supposed to simplify my life would be able to detect my GPU. Not a chance. Doesnt' matter if I had 32 or 64 bit system it just didn't work. What if I deleted original factory hdd recovery partition? No drivers anywhere, no help from toshiba. I would be stuck forever i guess. I don't appreciate that kinda poor driver support from Toshiba.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

My guess is that there was some human error involved somewhere in the process resulting in this software not showing up as being available for download for your specific model. 

I'll report the lack of Win 7 video drivers for this model to the download mgmt area with the expectation that this will get resolved soon.

Jim

trevdog

Hi,

Did have exact issue that you have reported above. My Solution (seems fine, but still testing is below)...

-> After installing Windows 7 Pro, there are several unknown devices...
   Downloaded and installed Toshiba Software installer for windows 7
   tsi4win7.exe (32606KB)

-> Running this cleaned up all device drivers except left display as
   Standard VGA Driver. This meant max resolution could only be set to
   1280x720.

-> Using Device manager, Display Drivers, Standard VGA , Details Tab Sheet,
   Select from dropdown list "Hardware lds".

-> Top line of Value "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A28&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_A2
   The manuf... Toshiba is FF001179

-> Now in downloaded NVIDIA driver... expand out files and edit the file
   called nvam.ini
   Find a line under section [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTx86.6.0]
   Called "%NVIDIA_DEV.0A28.01% = ...

-> At end of line change subsys value to FF001179 (Use to be 20311043)

Save file, and retry installing driver version 195.39. Wizard should run fine now :-)

=> Resolution is now set to 1366x768 and some other settings are now available
   which were not before!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Trev.

winogrona

Had the same problem (couldn't install newer driver for my toshiba A500 win7 64bit) but not anymore!  Now I've got the newest one - 195.62.

Thanks a lot!