DivideByZero

Windows 7 Premium Home Satellite M505-S4940 - WiFi Lost

I finally downloaded Windows 7 Premium Home last night (after hours upon hours, ugh...). Unfortunately, the wireless connection option is lost. There are only the Broadband and Dial-Up options,  I'm currently running on a spare Ethernet cable, and I cannot seem to find the wireless driver for the Toshiba Satellite M505-S4940.

If someone could post a download link, It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if the driver isn't the problem, what else could it be?

If more information is needed, let me know, and I'll add it.

Occasional Contributor
a500_fun

Re: Windows 7 Premium Home Satellite M505-S4940 - WiFi Lost

Go here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Download&sn=false

and select your model number from the huge list. It leads to software for your system.

________
1999 - 2011: One decade plus 2, four Tosh's
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite M505-S4940 

I don't see a Realtek wireless driver for Windows 7 on the website.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand Network adapters, and verify that the wireless device is Realtek.

-Jerry
zac4deal

finally I enetered to the platform of windows 7...

had prob with upgrade assisitant during insatllation of realtek audio driver/software for windows 7.

so...i opted clean installation by going to 32 bit setup file..in the windows 7 upgrade DVD.

the wifi adaptor driver (version 12) provided by toshiba (windows 7 download site) won't work with M505-S4945 or it will stop working soon.

PLEASE DON'T INSTALL the wifi driver provided by THOSHIBA DOWNLOAD. It snatched my 2 days of sleep!

So, I searched for driver (Inter Pro wireless lan adaptor 5100 AGN) in Intel site. Downloaded new driver version (13.0.0.107) which only work with windows 7.(Intel® PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers-Only for Windows 7)

Link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18211&ProdId=3062&lang=eng

After the installation, my wifi problem is over... i started liking windows 7....

My Laptop is M505-S4945

My windows was Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. Now it is Windows 7 Home Premium