Jacquesssss

Re: Windows 7 Blue Screen Error

So far no more BSODs... thank you! =)

even

Reinstall your windows and then see what happend.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

even wrote:

Reinstall your windows and then see what happend.

Why the heck would he want to do that?  He's already stated that updating the display drivers seems to have fixed the problem.  And even if it didn't, it would be a lot more work to back up all of your data and settings, recover the system back to it's original state, download and install all of the driver and utility updates from Toshiba, run WIndows Update, re-install any additional apps, un-install all of the crap that came pre-installed on the disk image, configure everything back to the way you like it, then restore your data. That would take a minimum of 3 hours (more than likely considerably more, especially if you have a slower internet connection) and even after going thru that lengthy process there is no way of guaranteeing that it would solve the problem. Updating the display driver would take about 10 to 20 minutes (depending on how fast of a internet connection you have).  Makes a lot more sense to update the driver first as that is the most likely cause of the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

GeniaLynn

I am also recieving the blue screen from time to time. I have a Satellite P775D A6 Vision AMD, Quad Core AMD RADeon Graphics. Windows 7. I have attached a photo of the screen. This laptop is only a few months old and luckly under warrenty . But I do hate to part with it so any help is appreciated. 

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

From what I understand, one of the cores in the cpu is failing.  The only fix is to have the cpu replaced.  You'll need to contact actual Toshiba Technical Support by telephone to make arrangements to have it repaired under warranty. 

Be sure to backup ALL of your data and make a copy of the Recovery Disks before you send it in.  Also, take pictures of the condition of the laptop, show it to the shipper before boxing it up, and have them sign a document that states that there is no physical damage before sending it in.  All too often they will damage a laptop and try to blame the user for it so you'll need proof to back up any damage claims. 

Don't send anything but the laptop in.  Keep all of your recovery disks, power supply, cords, etc. as they have been known to lose them and claim they were never sent in.  Unless they specifically request them, you are better off hanging on to them. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

GeniaLynn

Thank you, I will document it all. And thank you for your speedy reply.  

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

FYI, this is Microsoft's explanation for that blue screen.

Bug Check 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
fingerella

Hi!

I have encountered a problem with my new laptop Toshiba Satellite C 660-2QW (Windows 7 64 bit) ..some BSOD's errors occures and is very annoying :smileysad:

Here are some photos attached.

Help, please!!

Thanks!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Please start a new discussion. Don't add to an existing thread.

Instead of the photos, attach the corresponding *.dmp files from the C:\Windows\Minidump folder.

Tell what you are doing when the blue screen occurs.

Also, give the part number of your computer. It looks something like PSC1SE-01S004G5.

-Jerry
Solomonm

My laptop brings up the BSOD at least two times a day! This is the  message that I got from the sysdm.cpl when checked on. %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
Somewhere it also says to disable BIOS cache and shadowing...
It's a Satellite L655D-S5159
Windows 7 Home Premium x64bit

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

First start a new thread specific to the details of your BSOD.  Include as much detail as possible. Based on the info you did provide there is essentially nothing we can do to even begin to diagnose what the problem is.

The second thing would be to specify which version of WIndows 7, especially 32 or 64bit.

The third thing to do is provide details on the BSOD.  If the system automatically reboots instead of halting on the BSOD you need to change that so you can see what is happening and provide some information that will be usefull to diagnosing the problem.  The default for a Stop error is to automatically restart the computer. Let's fix that so you can see the error message.

Open System Properties (sysdm.cpl). On the Advanced tab, click the Settings button at the bottom under Startup and Recovery. Clear the Automatically restart check box.

Look for a message something like this and put it in your reply.

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
   DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If there's a file mentioned, grab that name too.

The last thing to do is tell us if there is any pattern to this.  Does it tend to happen when you do something specific?  Can you cause the BSOD on demand?

anderson_matt81

Ive been having the same problem on my P505-S8980. Only happens when I try to watch a video. Not sure why it happening but would love to know how to fix it! I get stop error 0x0000000a on windows 7 64bit

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Did you try any of the steps outlined previously? Without more information (as explaned in previous posts) it's pretty much impossible to diagnose your problem fully and accurately.

Aside from using the diagnostics outlined in the previous posts there are three other things I would try. First is update your Display driver to the latest version. First try the Intel driver from the Toshiba support site. If that doesn't help try the one directly from Intel. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm   Scroll down to the Work Around section towards the bottom to find out how to install the Intel supplied driver.   Use the Vista instructions for Windows 7 if none are listed for Windows 7.

Next, if you installed any of the K-Lite Codec Packs to be able to play videos uninstall it completely. It tends to cause more problems than it solves as it installs a lot of old, out-dated, and poorly working Codecs and configures even the good ones in such a way that it causes havoc with stability of the system. The next step will install only the correct drivers and in such a way that it doesn't cause problems.

Finally, download and install the free VLC Media Player and try watching videos on that. It's the best Media Player available for any platform. It has it's own Codecs and should be able to play any video file, DVD, etc. you will ever run into. It's not uncommon for some other video players (especially Windows Media Player) to cause problems with some video files/disks that VLC will play perfectly.

stainbug

i have blue screen proble model satellite c660 -m216 heres the problem:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1025

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: da
BCP1: 00000504
BCP2: C0400000
BCP3: 00000002
BCP4: 80000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041713-10030-01.dmp
C:\Users\smar\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22058-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

The only thing you included in your post that is of any importance is the model number, and all that tells us is that you have a European model which means you need to be posting in the European Forum where that model is sold and supported instead of here in the USA forum where it isn't, Nothing else you provided gives us any information about the problem or how to diagnose it. Go back and read the rest of the thread and follow the instructions contained there, but in the European Forum where it belongs..They are more familiar with the models sold over there than we are so they will provide you with a much better level of support.

pyroraptor0001

MY toshiba satellitekeeps going into a blue screen event every once in a while I am sleeping. I tried to shut the screen to hibernate it manually before I go to sleep but it did it again this morning. Below are the details of the event. Please help!

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    a0
  BCP1:    0000000000000009
  BCP2:    FFFFFFFFC000009C
  BCP3:    0000000000000001
  BCP4:    0000000000000000
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\080713-68640-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-90121-0.sysdata.xml

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

Like I posted previously, Did you follow the instructions posted previously in this thread prior to posting? If not, go back and complete all of them. Chances are that they will tell you what the problem is. There is little we can do on this end as the information needed to diagnose the problem is contained in the dump files noted in your post, and since we don't have access to them we can't get the information from them. That is why the instructions for doing so was posted previously. 

Second, please refrain from creating multiple posts on the same problem. That only makes it more difficult to assist you as it divides the focus and duplicates effort.

pyroraptor0001

this person got the blue screen during burning cds/dvds I am getting blue screens during hybernation while I'm sleeping. and my laptop came with windows 7 so don't say my hardware might not be compatible with windows 7. I tried going into cmd and scanning the computer, norton full scan, quick scan etc. and no problems were detected. and how do I view these dump files because I can't find them anywhere when I search for them.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

I've explained how to do that in a previous post on the first page (post 6 I think). Now go back, read the ENTIRE THREAD, follow the instructions laid out, and there is a 99% chance that you'll determine what the answer is.

And I never stated that you had the same problem as the other people in the thread, nor that your hardware wasn't compatible with Windows 7. What I stated was that the information on how to diagnose your problem was already posted in the thread as in the steps for diagnosing ANY BSOD is the same. Now, is that clear enough?

Peter

I've removed an off topic from the thread. Please try to leave it out of the thread.

- Peter