Regular Contributor
icantscroll

Where are the 64-bit Windows 7 drivers?

I thought I saw a page of them somewhere. 

I'm ready to install Windows 7.  Backups are done.  I want to have all the drivers saved and ready if possible just in case I can't get them online after I installed Windows 7.

I'm doing a clean install, from scratch, from the retail disks.  I don't think the upgrade helper software helps with that.  Even if there is a Toshiba helper software program available, I want to have a copy of all the drivers just to be safe.

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

Re: Where are the 64-bit Windows 7 drivers?

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

Hmm... Five pages of drivers for Tecra a10  64-bit drivers....

I'm trying to get the LAN ones for the ethernet card I guess so it will be able to go online and get whatever other drivers it needs.

Super Advisor
brad

Use the little drop down menus to narrow things down.

Looks like there's an Intel LAN driver and a Realtek one, not sure which you'll need.

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

It must be the Intel one.

I see this in my system info....

Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection

I think I'll need a LAN driver, usb port driver, CD/DVD driver.  I think that should get things installed enough so I could go online and get the rest of the drivers if I need them.

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

So far so good for installing Windows 7 64-bit....

I'm running this now.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?ct=SB&soid=2460089&ref=EV

Toshiba has an automated program to help get drivers.   My touchpad doesn't have any scroll features at all now, but I'm hoping this little program will fix it.

I also saw Intel had a similar thing.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/?iid=dc_iduu

If that helps anyone moving up to Windows 7. 

I did a clean install, not an upgrade.  There are a bunch of things in the device manager that are unknown and apparently don't have drivers.  I'm hoping the Toshiba program will catch those, and esp. the scroll feature on the touchpad. 

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

Just ran the Toshiba program.  Veeery helpful.  I got my scroll feature back on the touchpad.

The device manager appears to have all my drivers back.  Whew.... 

Printer works, security software back, all updated, office installed.... 

That Toshiba program was very helpful though. 

I need to image my 64 bit OS here sometime so I don't have to go through all this crap again....

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

I'm passing on the Intel stuff.  It says my wired and wireless drivers could be updated.

Then I see this page...

http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/CS-025637.htm

When I went through the device manager and had that check for updates that said it was the latest driver for wired.  Not that that updater seems that great in Vista or Windows 7.

But it's working.  I don't want to take a chance of messing it up, and the Toshiba driver searcher program would have checked that.

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

[ Edited ]

(wrong thread)

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

[ Edited ]

(wrong thread)

Regular Contributor
icantscroll

Quick note...

I had to reformat in early October.  I did that.  Did the Toshiba helper software (which works nicely). 

Then I went over to Intel and got the apparently more up-to-date chipset drivers.  I saw those last spring but didn't want to chance anything.  I believe this was a mistake.

Because I think the next day a little bubble popped up and said "You need drivers for x, y, z."  Which included the chipset I know.  I'm not sure now if that was a Toshiba bubble or a general Windows one.  I'm thinking Toshiba though.  I knew I had just installed them but I figured if it found new drivers or something got messed up, sure, go ahead and install them again.  That process froze and I had to leave for work so after waiting around longer than it takes to install those things I forced it to quit.  Later I tried the Toshiba helper software -- That said everything was fine. 

The result?  Everything was fine until... I noticed the computer started freezing on the Windows startup screen.  I figured it was a bad update at some point.  It would do that maybe half the time when I would start up the machine.  Ditto with hibernating or sleeping -- I'm getting fuzzy on that but they didn't work, either freezing or just giving me a black screen with blinking cursor.

By the time I remembered that morning with the drivers I'd already installed and the Intel ones some time had gone by.  I didn't want to futz with restore points.  I've reformatted my machine again and everything works.  Did the Toshiba helper software.  I'm not doing those Intel drivers.  I think that futzed things up last time.

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

scrool, hi !

In all the Toshiba machines that I worked on, all the drivers were in a folder called TOSAPIN,  Look for it on your HD.  Mind you, if you upgraded ( clean ) they were gonzoed and on top of it, they might not work on your new 64-bitness.

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

[ Edited ]

scroll, hello.

Here is what I see in my TOSAPIN, all the drivers.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113919724749879675990/Toshiba#

( Now to see if my URL is right ! )  It shows here fine. Click on the small.jpg and a full size view will show all drivers in my L300D. If you have imaged your HD before working on it, these hould all be there.

I see that there is a Recovery Disk Cretor ! If your Recovery partition is still whole, you might try this, FWIW !

matiu

hi i have Stellite A200- PSAE0C-TR605C,i use Win7 ,64Bit,& want to update BIOS,because my DVD cant recognize free CD or DVD.please help my to update it.i cant find ir in your link.

Tanx

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

matiu, hello.

Before you do a drastic move like a BIOS update, why not tell us if the DVD/CD device worked before, is this a new problem ? If it worked before, try a Restore to the time when it worked.

Go to Start, type in Restore and follow the suggested moves that come up.  JP.

matiu

[ Edited ]

Tanks again,

I installed Win 7 64 bit last year & no problem in DVD.2 month ago I found this problem that my DVD can't recognize free CD or DVD & CD/DVD isn't full or has free space.I can't write any thing with windows on CD/DVD,but with Nero software I can.I changed my DVD writer but it was uselessness. I Bought External DVD Writer but it doesn't work properly too.I changed Win7 64 to 32 but it doesn't work properly.I asked many person & they said u should update your BIOS to solve it.:mansad::mansad:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

i cant find ir in your link

Satellite A200-TR6 (PSAE0C-TR605C)

This is the site for US models.

Downloads for that Canadian machine are here.

[Edited to correct the second link.]

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

matiu, hello.

Do look up you C:\ and see if you have this TOSAPINS. It might save your machine. I looked up mine and it contained a file to do a Recovery DVD creator. I two-clicked on mine and it installed the app. I launched it and after a while it said that the Recovery partition was missing. I knew this as I upgraded from Vista to Win-7 from a free upgrade CD, a Toshiba gift. If you do this and your hidden partition as you seem to imply, is still valid, it will redo that OS for you, believe me ! If it says that the partition is missing as it did on my machine then the only option is to get the DVD from Toshiba. I do not have to do this any longer as I got the DVD from them and if needed, I can redo from that medium, there is no new hidden partition when using the recovery DVD, it is not needed anymore.

Let us know what action you take and the results.  JP.

matiu

[ Edited ]

Hi

I looked up in my c:\,I didn't find any thing about DVD,I formatted this machine and also c:\ 2 times.

I think its better to find BIOS update for Win7,64.there is no way to solve this problem.

tanx again.:smileywink:

matiu

Tank Jerry,

I didn't find any update for BIOS in your link for my notebook model.

Do you know where I can find?

tanx