FERRARICHAMP

WINDOWS 7 INSTALL DISK

I was wondering why I did not receive a windows 7 oem disk when I receive my new computer. Is there any way to get one?

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: WINDOWS 7 INSTALL DISK

they dont put them in the box anymore. you have to create a recovery disc which will have it on there.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: WINDOWS 7 INSTALL DISK

They didn't include recovery disks with that system, and haven't done so for several years on most models.  You have to create a set of recovery disks from the hidden recovery partition by using the Recovery Disk Creator.  Go to "Start - All Programs - Toshiba - Recovery - Recovery Disk Creator".  Information on using the Hard Drive Based Recovery Process and creating the disks normally begins on or about page 58 to 60 of your User's Guide.  The User's Guide is found on your hard drive in Adobe Acrobat Format and can be downloaded from the Product Support Link at the top of this page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.