jamhink4

Update driver for L505d-S5992 windows 7

I bought a new Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5992 I have a Hp Office Jet 6310 series Printer I am connect wireless to a linksy router all of my computers are connect wireless and windows XP and they all print off the one printer I cannot see my printer in Toshiba windows 7 and I keep reading about updating driver and I don't know how to do this or what driver I am suppose to update Please can someone help me

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Update driver for L505d-S5992 windows 7

Probably the Printer Driver.  GO to HP's support site and download the WIndows 7 driver Printer Driver for that printer and install it to see if that helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jamhink4

I am so confused on this which computer do I update the drivers for the on that is hooked to the printer with windows xp or my new laptop with windows 7 32 bit. I am so confused before I bought my Toshiba I had a acer laptop with windows 7 64 bit I connected to the printer right away with wireless network it printer it was recognize but I had to take it back because of other problems OK then I bought the Toshiba notebook windows 7 32 bit and it will not recognize my printer I have them all on workgroup I have tried to put \\computer name\printername it does not work have network linksy I am not sure this is right should I be on public folders confusing please help

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

You have to update or install the driver on the computer that is telling you to update the driver.  That would more than likely be the Toshiba if that is the computer having the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jamhink4

:smileyindifferent:I sure appreciate your help but neither of them is telling me to update driver it tells me acess is denied. Hope u can still help me Thank u

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Access denied means that your network isn't configured properly.  I suggest running the Network Setup Wizard on the new laptop to see if that helps the situation.