cmukherjee

Toshiba Satellite Pro S200 Drivers for Windows 7 platform

Hi All,

I'm using Toshiba Satellite Pro S200 from quite some time. Recently I've upgraded my OS from XP Prof to Win 7, but can't access many features which my notebook has already having due to drivers compatibility issue. Same driver pack that worked fine on Win XP is now not working over Win7 platform.

Can anybody suggest where can I find the new set of drivers for Win 7 which will be compatible with my notebook model no. Is my model too older for this upgradation??

Suggestion/Support will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Chayan

India

Chayan Mukherjee
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro S200 Drivers for Windows 7 platform

From what I can tell that model isn't support by Toshiba under Windows 7.  You can verify this by checking the second digit of the serial number.  If it is a 7, 8, or 9 then it is supported.  If it is a 6 or lower then it isn't.  Basically Toshiba is ONLY supporting models that shipped with Vista to run Windows 7. 

That doesn't mean that the system can't run Windows 7, only that Toshiba won't be releasing any drivers or utilities for Windows 7 for that model.  You mgith be able to use the Vista drivers if they have them, but for the most part XP drivers will NOT work.  You can also go to the various chipset manufacturers such as Realtek, Intel, AMD/ATI, etc. to see if they have any WIndows 7 drivers for the chipsets used on your system.

That said, you might not be able to gain full functionality of your system under Windows 7 as you might not be able to find the utilities for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

LeeMartin

hi I had the same problem. I upgraded to Windows 7. Some of the Driver's is now ok. my only problem is WLAN Driver. my second digit of the serial number is 8 means it is supported right? 

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

If the second digit of the serial number is an 8 then yes, it should be supported. All of the required drivers and utilities for your model should be found on the support site that covers your geographic region. Since you didn't include any specific information like what country you are from, the COMPLETE model and/or part number there isn't any way for me to be more specific than that though.

You can try running the Toshiba Software Installer (TSI) to see if it can find the necessary drivers if you can get access to the Internet using a wired connection or by using a usb wifi adaptor that you have Win 7 drivers for. You can find the TSI from any Toshiba Support Site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

TimTheTechie

[ Edited ]

Thank so much cee_64! I have been looking everywhere to find out if my model was supported for the upgrade. Finally I can escape from the grasps of this horrible OS! :smileyvery-happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timothy

Techie/Gamer

Best FX Processors for Gaming