waveman

Satellite A305-S6843 needs new drivers for Chicony webcam after Windows 7 upgrade

I found a number of Chicony camera programs and drivers listed for other laptop models with or upgraded to Windows 7 by "asking ARIS", just not for mine (Satellite A305-S6843). Does anyone have any experience with this problem, or have I over-looked the correct drivers for my model? Not sure what could happen by experimenting.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite A305-S6843 needs new drivers for Chicony webcam after Windows 7 upgrade

Satellite A305-S6843

I assume you upgraded to 64-bit Windows 7. Try this from the Canadian web site for the corresponding part-number family.

Chicony Camera Driver and Assistant Software for Windows 7 (32/64bits), 1.7.260.0526L

031332_02.58.19.TC70062800B.exe

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Re: Satellite A305-S6843 needs new drivers for Chicony webcam after Windows 7 upgrade

Hello waveman.

When you do an upgrade from Vista to W-7, all your drivers are saved in a folder called Windows.old, in the C:\. Look for it. Also, all your Toshiba drivers are saved to a folder called TOSAPINS, same spot !

That is what mine did, nice, no ?  I found my Chicony there and all others too.     Jean.

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Jerry, hello.

I have been remembering users to look for this TOSAPINS folder for their drivers. I think that you do not have  Toshiba and you could not verify nor confirm this. Right ?

Really, this is what I saw on my Toshiba, all drivers are there.

Anybody else  ???      Jean.

alaam2005

It worked for me and Thanks.

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

alaam2005, hello.

>>>  It worked for me and Thanks.

I thank you too, I have not been receiving many ACK of this, the Windows.old and the TOSAPINS folders. Why users do not refer to it more often is beyond me, they are machine savers if any.

Be good.  JP.