lancekidd

Removable Devices Not Showing Up

I have an L305-S5928, upgraded from Vista to Win7 with the Toshiba promotion.  Any removable device that I plug into USB doesn't show up under "Computer."  The PC recognizes and installs the device drivers, but they do not show up where I can use them.  Any suggestions?

pcr
pcr

Re: Removable Devices Not Showing Up

Not enough information.

For example, I plug a USB memory stick in to the computer and there is no drive letter to explore.

Or I plug a USB hard drive in, and there is no drive letter.

Can you tell us a specific device and why it isn't accessible once the driver installs?

Cheers,

PCR

lancekidd

I have a Lexar 4GB jump drive and a Verbatim 1GB jump drive that I've plugged in to all three of my USB ports.  The balloon come up in the bottom right corner and said the devices installed successfully and the devices light up, but the autoplay option window doesn't come up and when I go to "Computer" to try and find the drive letter that the device was assigned so that I can explore the device, there is nothing listed except my DVD drive and my C: drive.

This also happens with my SD card reader.  Same exact scenario. 

Thanks,

Chris

Occasional Advisor
doofus

check device manager ull noticed the usb mass storage you need to update driver from c:\windows\system32\driverstor\usb.stor  folder